Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: The 1 mm Roller  (Read 6532 times)

Kat

The 1 mm Roller
« on: March 22, 2012, 10:26:17 PM »
My understanding, after reading quite a bit of the information in your forum, is that .5 mm is good for skin texture, product enhancement and hyperpigmentation, but is too short to reach the dermis and will therefore not do much for collagen production. However, I would like to do some preventative treatment (anti aging). I have purchased the .5 mm for the above uses and the 1.5 stamp for scarring. Would it be overkill to purchase a 1 mm or 1.5 mm roller to do over the whole face/neck area for collagen production along with the other stuff? I figure the 1.5 stamp would be too small to use everywhere. Just curious if you feel it could be beneficial to consider the additional rolling sometime in the future after my skin gets used to rolling. Thanks :)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
The 1 mm Roller
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 06:07:35 PM »
The skin consists of the epidermis and the dermis. The epidermis is about 0.1 to 0.2 mm thick. In order to trigger collagen production, you have to reach the dermis.

Skin thickness varies, depending  on its location on the body but on average the skin is around 1 to 2 mm thick in total. Right underneath the skin, there is mainly fat.

A 0.5 mm dermaroller penetrates about 0.3 mm into the skin so it reaches the top of the dermis. This roller is good in improving the overall skin texture and color.

A 1.5 mm dermastamp is a great tool for acne scars.

At the moment, I do not think it is necessary to add another roller for your face. You can add a roller for your neck because you do not use the dermastamp there. When your scars improve and you do not use the dermastamp so intensively any more, add a roller.

Kat

The 1 mm Roller
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 05:50:50 PM »
Thanks again Sarah! So the .5 will stimulate collagen production but more mildly I'm guessing? I'll take your advice and stick with the basics for now.