Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Vitamin C chalky  (Read 6489 times)

quise

Vitamin C chalky
« on: March 29, 2012, 01:29:32 PM »
Hello,

When I apply my vitamin c(mixed with distilled water) it leaves heavy chalky build up. Is this because I've used too much or is the LAA really not all the way dissolved? When I mix the LAA with distilled water, it is clear, so i'm assuming it's dissolved.

Should I heat it and if so, what temperature?

Thanks,

quise

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Vitamin C chalky
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 02:26:56 PM »
That's normal, since you're putting quite a high percentage of vit. C on your skin so you'll end up with a chalky, sticky layer.

That's however the only good way to get a high concentration of vit. C into the skin, so you'll have to endure it for a while, until it has been absorbed.

You can also just use a lower concentration.

Leave it on as long as you can handle it (at least half an hour or so).

You can use lukewarm water to dissolve the vit. C, or even hot water, because it's mainly enzymes, not high temperature, that degrade vit. C in the short-term.

quise

Vitamin C chalky
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 06:35:55 PM »
Oops, I forgot about this post.

Thanks alot for your help.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Vitamin C chalky
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 12:53:36 PM »
About your question (the questions that were posted on the day we moved our old forum to the new forum are lost) on how long you can keep vit. C crystals:

The shelf life of vit. C crystals is three years but in reality they will keep even longer.

Vit. C becomes unstable in a watery solution and that is why the vit. C serum has to be made fresh frequently, whereas the crystals themselves are stable.

You should keep them cool, dry, dark, and in a closed container (close the ziplock bag).