Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Acne Scars  (Read 6372 times)

Sheila

Acne Scars
« on: March 29, 2012, 04:42:28 PM »
I am glad I came upon your site.  I am ready to purchase my roller here but have a couple of questions first please:

1) I just had my first  Fraxel Laser done about 4 weeks ago.  The results are remarkable and have made a big difference.  I simply want the results without damaging the skin which is why the needling preference.  He did a 5 or 10 around my forehead. upper lips, etc then changed it to 20 for the deeper scarring on my cheeks.  I don't know what that means in terms of deepness of the machine but it did an amazing job!

From previous posts I expect a 1.5 mm to do well on those areas and I was thinking a .5 mm to do well for forehead, etc. Does this sound right?

Have I waited long enough to do the needling?  (Four weeks)

2) Also will I experience results this quickly with the needling vs the fraxel?  According to some previous posts it does not appear so.

3) I have heard of Dr. Numb for numbing on other sites.  Is this ok to use for numbing purposes? I am going to numb.  I would really rather someone did the needling for me but I don't know of anyone around here.

3) My alcohol is 70% Isopropyl Alchohol.  I guess this is too strong?  Will Hydrogen Peroxide work for disinfecting?

I thank you for your work and this site.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Acne Scars
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 03:49:09 PM »
>From previous posts I expect a 1.5 mm to do well on those areas and I was

>thinking a .5 mm to do well for forehead, etc. Does this sound right?

If you have acne scars, use longer needles on your forehead. A 1.mm or a 1.5 mm.

I often recommend a combination of a 1.5 mm roller/dermastamp and a 0.5 mm dermaroller for acne scars but a 0.5 mm roller serves more for an overall skin texture and skin tone improvement. Scars routinely need longer needles.

>Have I waited long enough to do the needling? (Four weeks)

If you had Fraxel laser four weeks sago, you had better wait at least two more weeks.

>2) Also will I experience results this quickly with the needling vs the

>fraxel? According to some previous posts it does not appear so.

In general, it will take longer to get results from dermarolling but there are much less potential side effects with dermarolling (lasers use heat and can cause hyper or hypo pigmentation and very rarely even scars). Der

>3) I have heard of Dr. Numb for numbing on other sites. Is this ok to use for

>numbing purposes?

It contains 5% lidocaine. We used to sell a cream containing 5% lidocaine and a cream containing a combination of 2.5% lidocaine and a 2.5 % prilocaine and our customers wrote us that the latter was much more effective so we are now selling EMLA again, and I recommend for that reason only EMLA.

>3) My alcohol is 70% Isopropyl Alchohol. I guess this is too strong?

Please read:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/can39t-find-proper-disinfection-alcohol/

>Will Hydrogen Peroxide work for disinfecting?

No, not sufficiently.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 05:31:13 PM by SarahVaughter »