Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Is a 0.5mm roller okay for use with Minoxidil?  (Read 7633 times)

Alison

Is a 0.5mm roller okay for use with Minoxidil?
« on: April 17, 2012, 01:26:40 PM »
I would like to purchase a roller for my boyfriend to use in conjunction with his Minoxidil treatments for hair loss. I read all of the posts about Minoxidil on this forum and found that: one should use a 0.2mm roller in conjunction with Minoxidil, and a 0.5mm roller is recommended for rolling the scalp to induce hair growth.

However, could I just purchase a 0.5mm roller so that he can use it in conjunction with Minoxidil and also use it by itself to stimulate hair growth? This way I could just buy one roller instead of two.

I just wasn't sure if you think it's safe to use a 0.5mm roller in conjunction with Minoxidil because of the possible side effects Minoxidil can cause.

Thank you!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Is a 0.5mm roller okay for use with Minoxidil?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 06:59:09 PM »
He can use a 0.5 mm dermaroller but he has to be careful and start slowly.

Initially, apply Minoxidil without dermarolling and preferably start with 2% Minoxidil (later you can go to 5%).

There are people who apply Minoxdil with even longer needles than a 0.5 mm roller and they have no problems but it is always safer to start slow.

A dermaroller significantly enhances the absorption of any skin products.

Minoxidil can have quite serious side effects when overdosed. If you use a dermaroller, don't apply too much Minoxidil on your scalp. At least not in the beginning. When you don't experience side effects, you can slowly use more Minoxidil. But start with just a little bit and then slowly increase if you feel fine. Carefully read the Minoxidil instructions and inform yourself of possible side effects. Most people experience no side effects but some do and they have to stop using it or use lower concentrations.

When you stop using Minoxidil, your hair will return to its original pre-Minoxidil state. So you should continue using it.

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Dermarolling-for-thinning-hair