Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Tattoo pen to highlight stretchmarks  (Read 5575 times)

BTE

Tattoo pen to highlight stretchmarks
« on: April 21, 2012, 08:18:24 AM »
Hi Sarah:

I have extensive stretch marks on my lower belly as the result of pregnancy.  I've decided to combine single needling with rolling the entire area with the 1.5mm dermaroller (plus vit. A, D and C) as suggested in your instructions. I am afro/carribean and am having trouble distinguishing the stretchmark from the unmarked skin particularly when I'm looking in the mirror and have to stretch the skin.  I'd like to get your opinion on using a black tattoo pen to highlight the stretchmark and then single needling over it.  Would there be any infection concerns?

Thanks in advance

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 05:43:13 PM »
It is unfortunately a bad idea because if you roll or needle over it, the pigment from the pen will get into the dermis and I am afraid it may remain there as a permanent tattoo.

Real tattoos are done by dipping the needle of a tattoo gun into tattoo ink and inserting the needle many times into the same spot. As the needle goes up and down around 60 times per second, the ink is pushed into the dermis. If it is inserted deeply, it will stay there forever.

If I get an idea how to mark your stretchmarks, I will post it here.

BTE

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 03:52:00 PM »
OK thank you Sarah - I just tried the single needling as per your instructions and for anyone who's frightened of the procedure - I found it much it much easier and less traumatising than rolling over a large area with the roller :)