Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Dermarolling over spider veins?  (Read 12412 times)

Alison

Dermarolling over spider veins?
« on: May 01, 2012, 12:39:24 PM »
I have read all the posts on this forum about spider veins, and I am familiar with all of the methods currently on the market to treat spider veins (e.g., sclerotherapy, laser, etc.). However, I was wondering if rolling over spider veins on the face or legs would would improve their appearance because of the way dermarolling can thicken the skin over time. I have rolled over a small patch of spider veins on my thigh because that is also where I have some stretch marks, and the veins do look a little better after that one rolling session. I'm guessing that result is just temporary for now, but I was thinking they might look better after more rolling sessions are completed. Any feedback would be appreciated!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 09:04:04 AM »
Dermarolling is often advertised for improving spider veins but we do not claim on our website it improves spider veins because in our experience it neither improved nor worsened spider veins or telangiectasias. None of our customers reported improvement or worsening in that field after dermarolling. Nevertheless, there may be customers who achieved improvement and did not report it so it would be interesting if you could give us feedback. So far I have not been recommending dermarolling for improving spider veins because my own experience and the feedback from our customers does not justify such recommendation.

If any of you experienced any improvement, please let us know.

Relatated forum postng:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Recent-treatment-left-depressed-scars-would-needling-help

Alison

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 10:13:25 AM »
Thank you Sarah for your helpful response. One more thing - Do you think it is possible that rolling over the spider veins can make matters worse? I just wanted to check on that before I start. Thank you!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 10:32:29 AM »
The best reply I can give is that from our own experience and the feedback from our customers, the spider veins did not improve and did not worsen.