Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: After 4th treatments, larger pores and more fine lines  (Read 11626 times)

lola

After 4th treatments, larger pores and more fine lines
« on: May 09, 2012, 06:40:14 AM »
Hello Sarah,

I am not sure what happened and if I should roll again, but my skin looks worse, than it did the previous dermarolling sessions. The last time I rolled in the middle of February and since than I have enlarged pores, much more fine lines, than I ever had and a weird shine on my face, like a burn. in some lights it looks really good and shiny, but in other the skin looks old and the pores huge.

I saw an improvement after my 3rd session and my skin looked refined and plump healthy. Now, its the opposite, it looks irritated and when the light comes from the side, than the pores are huge and the skin looks old without any elasticity.

What to do? Could it be, that the needles on the dermaroller were not sharp enough? My afterroll routine is only Emu-oil. Is this now permanent or should I leave the skin more time to recover or shoudl I even roll again?

Thank you!

lola

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
After 4th treatments, larger pores and more fine lines
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 05:08:00 PM »
I am really sorry to hear that. Do you mind to clarify further?

Did you do acid peels or other ablative methods in the meantime?

What really puzzles me is the shine on your face. I have never heard about it after dermarolling but I have heard very similar problems to yours are sometimes happening after deeper acid peels.

Have you ever been on Accutane? Are you on any kind of medication? What needle length did you use? Do you remember how your skin looked after the first and the second session?

What did you try to improve in your skin?

Is your skin red, like kind of unhealed?

In any case, give your skin more time to recover and it will likely go back to normal. I would not go back to rolling until you have identified the cause of this, and eliminated it.

I want to add that emu oil, since it is suspected to be an anti-inflammatory, could perhaps interfere with the collagen regeneration processes. It would be helpful if other forum members would report their experiences with emu oil after rolling.

How long did you wait with applying the emu oil, after rolling?

New rollers have sharp needles and if you only used the roller three times on your face, they should still be sharp. You'll notice a bluntness when it starts to be harder to roll over your skin and it will hurt quite a bit more than when using a new roller.

DianaM1947

• Forum member
Re: After 4th treatments, larger pores and more fine lines
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 09:57:21 AM »
I am on my fourth rolling also, first with 1.5 once, and then the .05 mm.  My pores also look increasingly large.  It's a little frightening.  I have very sensitive skin, and it is easily scarred.  I had a millia extraction, and it left marks that have still not gone away and it's been three months.  I would be very sad to give up the rolling, but do you suggest that I do?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: After 4th treatments, larger pores and more fine lines
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 11:48:01 AM »
Have you been on Accutane? Accutane is known to sometimes cause impaired healing.

Dermarolling unclogs pores. Clean pores may shrink due to the plugs being removed but they can also look bigger because the plugs make them basically flat and when you remove the plugs, you are left with empty holes. The plug's adhesion to the skin also serves to make the pore smaller.

Dermarolling often causes skin tightening (which is good in case of lost skin that has lost its elasticity) but the tightening stretches out the skin, which in turn might enlarge the pores.

In any case, this effect should be only temporary. Stop dermaneedling for a while to see how it develops.