Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: 20 year old looking to tighten stomach / mid-section skin - can a derma roller help me?  (Read 9454 times)

sonofzeus

Hi,

I'm 20 years old, when I was a teenager I was obese.. I then lost a lot of weight, and ended up skinny fat. I added a little muscle, and leaned right now again (which is when the pic before is from), but the problem is, my skin sags around my stomach area and hips, which I hate and makes all my efforts to look good ruined imo! So I'd like to try and tighten it all up if realistically possible.. As you can see it's not "loose" skin like you often see, I have very elastic skin in that it's stretchy, not sure if that's good or bad, but it has a tendency to if it has an ounce of fat in it as you can see. I've since put on about 2 stone of muscle but a fair bit of fat, so I'm going to cut back down to a low bf% like in this picture, however I'd like to try and sort my skin along the way to get the look I really want.

Will a derma roller help me? Can I acheive normal tight looking skin realistically? And if so, what do I need to buy, and is there a comprehensive guide to explain the process so I can get started? Which products creams should I use alongside etc? And finally, could I use it on my chest area, and if so do I need to be sure to avoid nipple area? As wouldn't mind tightening up my chest either as that also has a tendency to sag a tiny bit if I'm sat down.

Thanks!

Attached files

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
I think your body looks great and you are perhaps overly critical with yourself. You look like a model. However, some people have much more ambitious/strict standards and that's very respectable.  If you wish, you can certainly try to tighten the skin with a 1.5 mm regular dermaroller. Keep the skin moisturized after rolling.

You can roll on the chest but it is completely normal that the skin on the chest and the abdomen "sags" a little when you sit down because the skin has to fold so that it can stretch out when you stand up. If the skin were completely tight/stretched while sitting, it would be impossible to stand up. Just like when you bend the head forward, the skin on the neck folds/sags.

sonofzeus

Thanks, I am very critical of myself, this is true.However my skin does leave something to be desired in the way it isnt as firm as id like, I also have old stretchmarks the picture doesnt really show around my mid section id like to reduce! How frequently would you advise I roll and is cocoa butter good to apply immediately after? Also would you advise copper peptides and/or retin a cream/gel to help firm up my skin and reduce old stretch marks?

Thanks!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Roll very densely every three weeks. Yes, you can apply the cocoa butter.

There is some evidence that A-Ret (Tretinoin) reduces stretch marks. We sell it:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Why-use-Tretinoin-for-stretch-marks