Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Hyperpigmentation Moisturizing Skin  (Read 6759 times)

Hoping2improve

• Forum member
Hyperpigmentation Moisturizing Skin
« on: May 15, 2012, 12:38:19 AM »
Hi Sarah,

Although my stretch marks improvements that I was sooo excited about has somewhat diminished. My progress on my stretch marks has definitely improved since committing to needle or roll at least 1x per month. Even though the improvements are not as profound as January, I am extremely grateful that there is some type of REAL treatment for stretch marks without costing me my first born child. Everyday life has stopped me from needling as frequent as I would like, but I am just happy at least I AM doing it. I roll then wait 8 weeks. Needle then wait 8 weeks, but I always do needle or roll. For example: March…single needle, April….derma roll, May…single needle, etc.  

My questions:

I single needled my mass of stretch marks on  3/16 & 3/17 (last month I derma rolled) and I really believe that I pricked too many times because I still have hyperpigmentation as of 5/14 on a lot of needled areas of stretch marks:). I don’t know if it’s superficial pigmentation problem or a deep pigmentation issue. I am nervous because it is at least 2 shades darker than the surrounding skin. I always alternate and apply .5% Retin A and 20% Vitamin C. Do you think that I should keep applying Retin A on those areas for a few more months or start incorporating hydroquinone?  

Also, I find myself failing to moisturize my skin even after I have just single needle. I know it is the best to moisturize, but I just have been terrible.  Is the purpose of moisturizing only add a barrier (which is important after needling and seal in moisture) and minimize the flaking of skin after rolling? If not, please tell me.

As always…thanks.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 10:42:45 AM »
The hyperpigmentation eventually always goes away and it very rarely lasts that long. You should continue applying Retin A. I am not sure whether applying hydroquinone is s good idea, especially if your stretch marks were white prior to needling because hydroquinone reduces melanin pigment production and melanin pigment is highly desirable in white stretch marks.

It seems there is currently too much melanin in your stretch marks but it will fade. Wait a little more and if it doesn't fade, start with hydroquinone.

The moisturizing is to establish ideal condition for healing, to protect it and to postpone peeling. The longer the peeling is postponed, the better.

There is always a degree of peeling after dermarolling/needling, nevertheless it is not always visible.

legolas123

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 12:19:28 PM »
post infiammatory hyperpigmentation can be solved completely?

legolas123

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 08:35:57 AM »
nothing????