Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Newbie in need of help  (Read 6711 times)

b1elliot

• Forum member
Newbie in need of help
« on: May 15, 2012, 11:35:35 AM »
Hello Sarah,

Okay, I have a couple questions regarding using a dermaroller before beginning.

1. Which dermaroller brands do you recommend for my face (for shallow-moderately deep acne scarring) and for my butt/thighs (old white stretch marks)?

2. What size needles are appropriate to use for my conditions & how frequently?

3. Is it okay to use dermaroller on my face even though on occasion, I receive a pimple or 2?

4. For stretch marks on legs that cover a 2inx2in square area on my upper thigh, would it be better to use a one-liner dermaroller or a dermastamp or a regular roller?

5. General routine with creams before and after use.

I know these are a lot of questions, but I really need to figure this out before starting a routine.  I really don't want to ruin my skin further.  Thanks so much for your help in advance.  I'm so glad I found this site!

purple_buttefly

• Forum member
Newbie in need of help
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 12:27:42 PM »
Well for white stretch marks you'll need at least 1.5mm, use it once a month (there about's)

Sarah has given me heaps of good advice.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Newbie in need of help
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 10:13:43 AM »
> for my face (for shallow-moderately deep acne scarring)

A 1.5 mm dermastamp

>and for my butt/thighs (old white stretch marks)?

A regular 1.5 mm dermaroller, single needles, Tretinoin cream.

If you cannot reach the butt with the single needles, use just the 1.5 mm regular roller there.

If single-needled stretchmarks improve more than the rolled ones on your butt, buy a 1.5 mm one liner roller in the future for your butt.

>3. Is it okay to use dermaroller on my face even though on occasion, I receive a pimple or 2?

Perfectly OK.

>4. For stretch marks on legs that cover a 2inx2in square area on my upper thigh,

>would it be better to use a one-liner dermaroller or a dermastamp or a regular >roller?

A regular 1.5 mm dermaroller + single needles .

>5. General routine with creams before and after use.

Please read:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Stretch-Marks-individual-needling

purple_buttefly

• Forum member
Newbie in need of help
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 09:09:54 AM »
I've ordered my 1,5mm roller, I'll be sure to let you know how I get on when I've rolled.

Going to get a one liner too, thought I'd see how I went with this first. :)

Some of my SM's are small anyway so for those the 1.5mm would probably do the trick, the one liner for the ones on my legs and the sides of my stomach and perhaps arms.