Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: chemical sunscreens and dermarolling?  (Read 6896 times)

bklyner

chemical sunscreens and dermarolling?
« on: February 11, 2010, 09:19:43 PM »
I know i asked about zinc sunscreens before but is there any chemical or other sunscreen that would be ok to use after rolling? I just didn't realize how unpractical dermarolling would be if you can't go out for 2-3 days during the day.... How are others doing it? Thanks.

Also, i think i asked this before but it is safe to use the .2mm roller between uses of say the .5mm or 1mm roller?

Thanks again.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 03:20:46 AM »
You should stay out of the sun as much as you can after dermarolling with long needles. You can go outside but you must protect yourself.

If you can't avoid staying out of the sun at least one, two days every 4 weeks, then you can't use any skin restoration techniques. Abrasive Laser treatment requires sun avoidance, dermabrasion and chemical peeling also requires staying out of the sun and if you want to avoid rapid skin aging, you should generally avoid the sun - sunscreen or no sunscreen. I'm not saying you should not get any natural vit. D, but longer period of direct bright sunlight is really bad for even untreated skin .  At least two days of sun avoidance is necessary not to do damage during the healing process and to prevent hyperpigmentation. Use a hat and a high-factor sunscreen when you're going shopping in bright sunlight. Don't go to the beach. Cover the skin with clothing.

As to your second question: Yes you can.

Katarina

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 10:13:33 AM »
What if you're just going shopping, in and out during the day time, do I need sunscreen or even a big hat which I don't have nor care to have?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 11:04:40 AM »
As long as you avoid strong sun exposure longer than a couple of minutes, you`ll be OK.