Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Sunscreen after rolling?  (Read 5708 times)

Trish

Sunscreen after rolling?
« on: May 26, 2012, 08:15:37 AM »
Sarah - How soon after single needling or rolling is it safe to use micronized zinc sunscreen?

I've read on another thread where you say to put sunscreen on before Infadolan,  but my zinc SS is pretty greasy and would theoretically prevent any penetration of the Infadolan if applied first.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Sunscreen after rolling?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 01:03:40 PM »
Infadolan contains oil-soluble vitamins (A and D) and oils do not prevent their penetration so you do not have to worry about it.

Zinc oxide is an excellent sun-block, even though I recall recently a study that foundt it can split off chemicals that can cause skin cancer, when irradiated by UV. It deflects most of the UV. Unfortunately, zinc oxide dehydrates the skin. Zinc oxide is a mild astringent. An astringent is a substance that constricts body tissues.

After dermarolling though, the "open" skin should be kept as moisturized as possible and that's why substances with astringent and dessicating (drying) properties are not suitable. Especially after rolling with long needles.

If you can avoid it, do not apply it right after dermarolling. Wait at least overnight and moisturize the skin first.

Trish

Sunscreen after rolling?
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 11:25:18 PM »
Thank you Sarah!!