Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Thin skin on chest along with scars, need a plan of action.  (Read 6243 times)

thepassionofchad

Hi, I'm a 25 year old male and I have thin skin that is most apparent on my upper chest area. You can clearly see my veins and it gives my skin a bluish tint. I've read derma rolling and help thicken skin, so in my case is there any hope? I also have a couple scars from ruptured cysts on my chest that I'd like to get rid of. Any advice would be highly welcome as I'd like to have some sort of plan before I start needling my skin a few thousand times =]

Thanks, Chad.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Thin skin on chest along with scars, need a plan of action.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 06:35:31 PM »
I recommend you a regular 1 mm dermaroller. Roll your entire chest densely every ten days. It should improve the scars. I am not sure it will make any difference concerning the visible veins because dermarolling thickens the skin on average by about 0.2 mm. That is enough to make a difference in scars and wrinkles but do not think it is enough to "hide" visible veins. In any case, to increase the thickness, you have to dermaroll long-term.