Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Avoiding redness with shallow dermarolling for product penetration  (Read 5560 times)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
> I work 6 days a week, have rather sensitive skin, and will be

> dermarolling for product penetration mostly. Is there a rolling method

> that I can use so as to avoid redness or marks ?( I'm a teacher, and

> can easily imagine the students' comments if I come in one morning

> with a ruby red face.....)

I see that you ordered the 0.2 mm and 0.5 mm dermaroller.

There should be no long-term redness or no redness at all when rolling with such short needles. If your skin reddens with short needles, it should disappear within hours.

Roll with 0.2 mm, in the evening before your day off and apply the skin care products of your choice.  You will see how you look in the morning. It should be fine.  I have never heard of anybody complaining about prevailing redness with a 0.2/0.25 mm or 0.5 mm dermaroller.  

You can get red from the applied products though, such as:

Acidic products:

Ascorbic acid (vit. C),

Retinoic acid (form of vit. A),

Chemical peels:

Alpha hydroxy acids (glycolic acid, lactic acid)

Beta hydroxy acids (salicylic acid)

etc.

Some creams contain those acids but the amount of acid in them is usually negligible and they should not make your skin red.

If your skin is sensitive, do not apply acidic products immediately after rolling.  Do not apply the homemade vit. C serum after rolling.  Apply it some hours or one hour before rolling. Make your vit. C less concentrated and if your skin copes with it without reddening, add more vit. C into the serum.

Our Infadolan regenerative ointment contains a form of vit A that is more "friendly" to the rolled skin - it is in the form of Retinol acetate which is slowly converted in your skin into Retinoic acid.  Our vit. A and D ointment is oily (both vit. A and D are fat soluble vitamins) but very little is needed. You can apply a little bit it after rolling and spread it well.