Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Ingredients to avoid when making your own dermarolling skin serum  (Read 8275 times)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
> If I were to make my own serum to be applied before rolling, what

> ingredients must be avoided ( irritant or quiet simply dangerous?) I've

> tried a find a list  of no-no's, but to no avail.

If you want to make your own skin treatment solution and use third-party ingredients, those companies should make sure that they sell only well-tested ones (hopefully not on the eyes of bunny rabbits..)

There are hundreds of possible ingredients and I cannot comment on their efficacy or safety.

It is the job of accredited laboratories to test these products and it is the responsibility of the seller to sell tested products only. I am sorry I can't be more specific.

But be careful with homemade products. Since they normally do not contain preservatives and antioxidants they can easily get rancid or worse: Bacterially contaminated.

The reason why we recommend making vit. C serum at home is because vit. C oxidizes easily in a watery solution and it is hard to make a (likely expensive) cream with a high percentage of stable vit. C.  That's why you should make fresh, cheap vit. C serum yourself.

Katarina

Ingredients to avoid when making your own dermarolling skin serum
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 09:51:04 AM »
Sarah, what do you consider to be a fresh, cheap vit. C serum, what would the ingredient consist of ?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Ingredients to avoid when making your own dermarolling skin serum
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 11:06:48 AM »
Ingredients should be just water and pure vit. C, as described on page 5 in our instructions here:

https://http://lufenuroncandidacure.owndoc.com/lufenuron.pdf