Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Microdermabrasion and dermastamping  (Read 8158 times)

thistimeonly

• Forum member
Microdermabrasion and dermastamping
« on: June 22, 2012, 04:46:25 PM »
I am doing microdermabrasion every 2 weeks. Is it safe to stamp some scars on my face in between?

Also, does anyone here use polysporin or any other anti bacterial cream after stamping to avoid infection or am I too paranoid?

ohialehua

Re: Microdermabrasion and dermastamping
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 02:39:16 AM »
Hi,

I've been getting microdermabrasion for about a year and have just started dermastamping.    I stamped two days after my last dermabrasion and
my skin looks great.  She's doing a small retin-A peel after the microderm.  I'm not using neosporin, etc., but am scrupulously following Sarah's disinfecting and cleaning instructions for my roller, stamp and skin.  I  have a 1.5m stamp and a .5 roller.  The infadolen really heals my skin quickly after stamping (there's almost no redness by the next morning) so I won't hesitate at all to do both.  I'm always going to stamp a day or so after microderm, rather than the other way around. It just makes sense to me to do it that way.

I'm just a schmo in the big picture here but hope this helps for you.

thistimeonly

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 10:50:16 PM »
I am just unsure what to do after needling my stretchmarks. I just plan to rub in Retin A but then what? I do not have infaladon so should I just put some antiseptic or no?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 06:34:08 PM »
Yes, you can stamp your scars as soon as the microdermabrasion is healed, which usually takes a day.

You do not have to apply an antibacterial cream but do not forget to clean the microneedling tool after it has been used.

Disinfecting the dermaneedling instrument after dermarolling is more important than disinfecting the skin before dermarolling. The most important part of the disinfection is to clean the dermarolling instrument after dermarolling with dishwashing detergent and warm water and to rinse it under a strong stream of water to remove blood and skin debris from the needles. Then soak it in Chloramine-T or Ethanol.

Retin A improves stretch marks but it makes the skin dry and the needled area must be kept as moisturized as possible after needling. You can apply for example a little almond oil on over the Retin A.

Do not needle extensive areas in one session. Needle one area and when it heals, needle another one and so on.

kellywayne

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 05:40:29 AM »
Its been two months i am using this technique at home myself and i have got the result i was longing for. Thanks to the technique  8)  ;D