Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: 10 months of dermarolling  (Read 13813 times)

Bumby

10 months of dermarolling
« on: June 23, 2012, 09:02:36 AM »
Do you see any changes ? The two image are from my left cheek with macro function. I know the lighting are not exactly the same but is the best I can do.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 09:03:36 AM by Bumby »

cesamaddict

• Cesar
  • Forum member
Re: 10 months of dermarolling
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 01:01:50 PM »
I'm on the same boat as you as far as skin texture..I definitely see a difference.  What has been your regimen for dermarolling if I may ask?

Bumby

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 01:43:44 PM »
Well I use 2.0 mm 192 dermaroller at ~ 6 weeks. I've done 4 times but I don't bleed like in youtube video so I think I roll too gently. I don't using any kind of serum only Retin A every night, I stop Retin A 3 days after dermarolling.

cesamaddict

• Cesar
  • Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 04:33:24 PM »
maybe you should consider adding Vitamin C to the mix and using a dermastamp.  You can alternate with Vitamin C and Retin A (one each night).  This is also much cheaper since Vitamin C is so inexpensive from the webshop and lasts a very long time.  You can individually stamp the deep scars at your 6 week intervals.  I think this will help a lot.  Maybe you could consider suctioning also.  Suctioning I've just started myself but I've read a lot of good things in the suctioning thread on the forum

Bumby

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 01:11:49 AM »
In  september I will start another year of dermarolling and I'll buy a dermastamp. I wi'll start using Vit C serum. Unfortunately I'm 37 years old and my collagen synthesis probaly is low.
I don't know how to hard do press becuase I read this:
In general, deeper needle penetrations into the dermis produces better collagen and elastin production. (However, it is also more risky. ) The breaking of blood vessels appears to be key in kick-starting the 12-month healing and reorganizing phase. Anecdotal evidence supports this as some people have reported that treated areas that bled and scabbed led to better results than ones that didn’t. With very short needle lengths, the needle only reaches the topmost layer—there may be improvements, but no dramatic results.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 06:36:19 PM »
I think your skin texture improved a little but it may be due to the lighting of the second photo. It is hard to say.

In case of stubborn scars that do not respond, add a 2 mm dermastamp to your dermarolling sessions. You can stamp and roll in one session (treat one cheek, when it heals, do the other etc).

I agree that the suction method is worth trying. In general, only the rolling type of acne scars is tethered to the underlying structures but it has never been thoroughly investigated and it is very well possible that all scars are tethered to the underlying structures to certain extent. The main reason for indentation is missing tissue/skin atrophy (this will be improved by microneedling).

Fibrotic bands that tether the scar down is an additional reason that keeps the scar indented. The tethering may or may not be present in the scar but you do not know so trying the suctioning method is a good idea:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/subcision-suction-method-for-acne-scars