Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Dermastamping scars and minor skin fold after surgery  (Read 5856 times)

S83

Dermastamping scars and minor skin fold after surgery
« on: June 29, 2012, 05:52:58 AM »
Hello Sarah,

I've recently had a (minor) surgery but now have two scars left behind post incisions. One of them was stiched badly and now has healed, shall I say skewly?, with a bit of skin pulling over one side of the scar.

I wonder if I can stamp those areas once all is fully healed (it's been only 2 weeks since the surgery) and will it improve/help eliminate that skin fold? And if I can, shall I use 1.5mm stamp and, Ret-A and vit A+D ointment?

I sincerely appreicate your help. Many thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 08:14:47 AM by S83 »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Dermastamping scars and minor skin fold after surgery
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 04:45:59 PM »
The scar will improve significantly during the months after surgery. The dermis will heal in about six to eight weeks and then it can take up to two years for the scar to fully mature.

You can start applying Infadolan now, to keep the scar soft and moisturized.

If the scar is hypertrophic (raised), do the pressure massage:

Every day you'll apply pressure with your fingers onto the scar for approx. 20 seconds, spot by spot. A scar typically has reduced blood circulation and applying pressure will expel deoxygenated blood, allowing fresh oxygenated blood to flow in. This pressure will thus mechanically prevent the formation of a hypertrophic/raised scar.

Six to eight weeks after the surgery, start gently with a 1.5 mm dermastamp.

S83

Re: Dermastamping scars and minor skin fold after surgery
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 02:44:21 AM »
Hi Sarah,

Will do - thank you very much!