Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: New hair is growing on dermaneedled scars  (Read 7739 times)

scarred_girl

New hair is growing on dermaneedled scars
« on: July 01, 2012, 02:00:59 PM »
hello!

I have been rolling my scars with the 1.5 owndoc roller for about 3 months and I haven't seen any huge changes yet (yes I know, I need to be patient :) )
what I have noticed is that some of my scars now have hair regrowing on them, I'm wondering if that is a sign that the scar tissue is starting to improve? has anybody else noticed hair on their scars that hasn't been there before?

greetings
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 10:08:37 AM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: hair growth on scars
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 06:19:12 PM »
Scar tissue has no or very limited metabolic activity (no blood supply etc).

Miconeedling restores or partially restores the metabolic activity in the scar. It triggers re-vascularisation (new blood vessels) and as soon as there is a blood supply, the scar starts to behave more like "normal" skin and there is a big chance it will improve in appearance.

What type of scars do you have?

Scars usually need a combination of a regular dermaroller with the single needles or with a dermastamp or with a one liner roller. It depends on the type of scars.

scarred_girl

Re: hair growth on scars
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 09:50:47 AM »
thank you for your answer  :)

my scars are from self harm, mostly from cuts, some from burns, I haven't done this in years and I hate that my scars are a constand reminder of it...
most are on my left forearm, they are quite small (longish and narrow to be exact) but there are a lot.
most of them are slightly raised but I also have a few sunken ones and a few that are skin level.
They are completely white, some of them are quite deep.

I did buy single needles too but I haven't used them in a while because I feel like it would take forever to do all of my scars, the ones I single needled have indeed improved more than the others though...
maybe I should try stamping instead?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: New hair is growing on dermaneedled scars
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 10:10:10 AM »
Yes you should definitely try the dermastamp. If the scars are around your wrist, a 1 mm dermastamp is suitable.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 10:32:51 AM by SarahVaughter »

scarred_girl

Re: New hair is growing on dermaneedled scars
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 11:12:56 AM »
thank you again, I will try stamping