Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Cupping on Stretchmarks  (Read 8111 times)

Tuffydulittle

Cupping on Stretchmarks
« on: July 13, 2012, 11:17:27 AM »
Hi Sarah,

I am going to be getting started rolling on stretchmarks on breasts and thighs.  I am simply waiting on my order
to come.  I have asked a few other questions to you already.

however, I am seeing research and recommendations on web about cupping for improvement on stretchmarks.
Much claim being made to actually pulling the blood flow back into these scars and tissues filling up over time.

Can you please share with me your knowledge of this and your feelings on this?  Also, would this be something
you would support/recommend along with rolling on the stretchmarked area?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Cupping on Stretchmarks
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 06:52:54 PM »
It would be useful if stretch marks were tethered to the underlying tissue.
Stretch marks are not marks - they are in fact very deep scars.

I will copy here my reply from the suction thread:

Scars are often tethered to the underlying structures. During the formation of a scar, everything is "glued together" by scar tissue. Later, during the maturation of the scar, the part of scar tissue that connects it to the underlying structures should be reabsorbed and the scar should be "freed" but it does not always happen.

When you for example injure yourself or when you have chronically inflamed acne, the primary goal of the body is to fix it and to fix it quickly and efficiently to prevent infections etc. Gluing everything together is probably the quickest way and our body is not concerned with appearance of the scar. However, not every scar is tethered.

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/subcision-suction-method-for-acne-scars/

The main reason why stretch marks are indented is because the skin layers are atrophied and the tissue is missing. Tethering might be an additional problem, at least in some cases but the missing tissue is the main cause.