Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: About the number of times to roll  (Read 8289 times)

cris

• Forum member
About the number of times to roll
« on: July 24, 2012, 01:53:12 PM »
Thank you for posting a change log, Sarah.

Regarding the amount of times to roll, for complete clarification, if I am rolling one side of my cheek I understand that,

"...after every roll lift the roller and position it a few millimeters from the previous starting point, repeating the rolling movement and so on, until the entire skin area has been treated."

Do I then repeat this method five more times vertically on the same cheek for a total of six times, and then repeat six more times horizontally to achieve a total density of 200 pricks per cm²?  If so, it does seem like a lot of times to roll if I am doing my entire face.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: About the number of times to roll
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 01:56:38 PM »
No, you are confusing two different rolling methods. The method you quoted first is a method that not everybody understands, so the method you mentioned second is the alternative method.

I have updated the instructions to make it clearer. All you really need to know is that you need an uniform prick density of 200 per cm². With that, and the number of needles and the size of the roller, you can determine yourself how many times you should roll. Twelve times if you roll over the exact same skin strip every time.

But over larger skin areas, use the recommended displacement method of 3 mm and roll six times horizontally and six times vertically.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 02:05:31 PM by SarahVaughter »

cris

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 12:25:45 AM »
Sorry Sarah, but I think I’m misunderstanding what you mean by “roll.” 

If I do the prescribed first method on my left cheek, for example,

Roll vertically once, move 3mm, roll, move another 3mm, and roll again to cover the entire cheek; do you consider that 3 rolls?  Or, is that considered one “roll” since I was able to treat the entire cheek.

If I am using a 0.5mm dermaroller and rolling just my left cheek; if the former is correct (and I have a feeling it is), then I should roll 3 times vertically (which is the entire length of my cheek) and then 3 more times again vertically to equal 6 times, correct?   

Sorry for any frustrations caused, but I really do appreciate the clarification.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 04:45:49 AM »
When discussing how many times to roll, I use "rolling motions" on (currently) page 11 of our instructions, so in the context of how often to do a rolling movement over the skin, a "roll" is one hand movement. I replaced the word "roll" just now to make it more clear.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:47:06 AM by SarahVaughter »

cris

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 02:11:24 PM »
Thanks for posting the Demonstration video Sara.  Very helpful!

I noticed the lady in the video rolled 8 times vertically on her cheek, but as you mentioned 6 times is what you recommend?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 05:28:33 PM »
Whatever I recommend always overrules anything that others recommend ;-)

Seriously, my recommendations are based on calculations based on a guideline of 200 pricks per cm2.

You are free to deviate from that of course.