Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Derma rolling with slight acne  (Read 8817 times)

wolfpack229

Derma rolling with slight acne
« on: August 03, 2012, 12:55:52 AM »
Hi,

I'm a 21 year old male, have rolling acne scars, and am new to dermarolling. For the most part I am acne free now but still have occasional flare ups and some acne on my chin and cheeks along my jawline. I read in the instructions that you should not dermaroll with active acne, so my question is, is it ok to roll with the very mild acne I still have, roll and avoid my current pimples, or should I just wait until I'm completely acne free? I've already bought a 1.5mm dermaroller and would like to start to try to make improvements in my scarring but if it's smarter to wait until I'm acne free I can hold off. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you! 

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Derma rolling with slight acne
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 07:50:14 AM »
If the acne has no whiteheads then you can certainly roll.

Some people roll when they have mild actively infected acne, and they don't seem to suffer adverse effects either, but I'd still be cautious, esp. with longer needles.

wolfpack229

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 11:03:59 AM »
One last thing. I still use a topical cream, Differin, for my acne at night. So in the 2-3 day lead up to rolling I should apply the topical Vit. C instead of my Differin, and then on the night that I roll I should apply Infadolin and maybe wait another day before beginning to use my topical Differin cream again?

Thank you very much in advance.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 01:28:13 PM »
You should follow our dermarolling instructions with regard to the Infadolan ointment. Infadolan is post-dermaneedling treatment, not pre-treatment.

With regard to the Differin cream, follow their instructions but do not apply it to freshly dermaroller skin. These things are explained in our dermaneedling instructions already.