Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Erbium laser skin demarcation  (Read 7613 times)

jwaduveev

• Forum member
Erbium laser skin demarcation
« on: August 10, 2012, 09:01:12 AM »
Hello,

I had an Erbium laser treatment about ten years ago, and there is a distinct color change in my skin along my jaw line from where the treatment ended.

Can you suggest a routine to blend the skin so the demarcation is less apparent? I currently own .5 mm, 1 mm and 1.5 mm rollers and a 2 mm dermastamp, and would be happy to purchase anything else you thought would be useful.  I also have topical retinol, vitamin C, copper peptides, and Infadolan.

Thank you!
Thank you!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Erbium laser skin demarcation
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 05:35:33 PM »
I am not completely sure what you mean. Does the treated skin differ in color from the untreated skin and if so is the untreated skin lighter or
darker than the skin treated by the laser?

Or do you mean that just the border between treated and untreated skin differs in color and if so, is it lighter or darker than the surrounding
skin?

jwaduveev

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 07:04:08 PM »
Thanks for your response, and sorry I wasn't more specific. 

The treated skin on my face is lighter than the untreated skin on my neck.  The demarcation line isn't red or raised but just a very abrupt transition between the two different colors.

I have been very diligent about sun protection since I had the laser resurfacing.  Perhaps if I hadn't been, my face would have tanned and the color change wouldn't be so distinct, but I'm reluctant to try that. 

I bought my dermarolling products to use on acne scars, but when I saw the forum post on pigment transplanting, I wondered if dermarolling might help blend the two areas.

Thanks.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 06:08:28 PM »
I actually think that your face may be lighter due to sun avoidance/protection because if the laser destroyed/compromised melanocytes (pigment producing cells) the facial skin would become blotchy since the laser would not cause perfectly evened-out damage.

However there is another customer whose face is lighter after a laser treatment but she has been also avoiding sun:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/co2laser-nightmare

jwaduveev

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 10:40:10 AM »
Thanks, Sarah - I've been steadily reading all the forums postings, but I missed that one.