Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: What to apply after dermaneedling acne scars with 1.5 mm?  (Read 7841 times)

66onetwo

What to apply after dermaneedling acne scars with 1.5 mm?
« on: August 13, 2012, 07:21:51 PM »
Can you name a few things that I can apply after I roll my acne with a 1.5mm?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 03:17:34 PM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: What to apply?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 07:06:21 PM »
I cannot give a recommendation because everyone reacts differently and what is OK with one person causes breakouts in the other so people should apply a cream that they know does not cause breakouts from personal experience.

Do not apply harsh substances such as benzoyl peroxide, acid peels etc. It should be moisturizing, not drying.

66onetwo

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 12:21:21 AM »
Would natural shea butter be a good after care to keep the area moistureized??

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 05:59:35 AM »
Yes.

BTW, oils are much better moisturizers than any moisturizing cream because oils form a film on the skin that prevents water evaporation from the skin and thus keeps it extra moisturized. Using water-based creams or glycerin on the skin does not moisturize it for more than several minutes. Topically added water actually increases the evaporation of water from the skin. The skin contains enough water. The top layer of the skin works as a barrier that prevents evaporation from the skin. If this barrier doesn't work properly or is temporarily compromised, the skin becomes dry. Adding water does not solve this. Establishing a barrier that prevents water evaporation solves it. Unfortunately, oils often cause breakouts.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 06:07:12 AM by SarahVaughter »

66onetwo

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 11:24:41 AM »
I looked online at a health food place called Tara foods and it says they only carry sun flower oil and canola oil,
i cant find where to buy almond oil? would those oils work, or any cooking oil in the grocery store?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: What to apply after dermaneedling acne scars with 1.5 mm?
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 01:43:12 PM »
Almond oil is usually for sale in pharmacies (as massage oil for example).

You can also buy almond oil intended for cooking. The advantage of almond oil is that it penetrates into the skin and doesn't leave a heavy greasy layer on the skin (just a little feeling of oiliness). You can very easily buy it online.