Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Prolong inflammation or Shorten Inflammation  (Read 6736 times)

mayamia

• Forum member
Prolong inflammation or Shorten Inflammation
« on: August 21, 2012, 11:14:47 AM »
Hi Sarah,

I recently purchased a 1mm dermaroll from you and have done 2 derma rollings so far for facial hyper pigmentation and mild acne scars.

My question is is it advisable to put strong anti inflammatory serums right after rolling to expedite healing?
I used a really good anti inflammatory serum after roll and the next morning, I had no signs of a roll.

I realize that the inflammation causes the whole healing process, so what I do right now is actually negating the benefits?
Should I actually let the inflammation happen and let skin take its own time to heal? Does the collagen generation occur for as long as the inflammation remains?

Thanks for your time.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Prolong inflammation or Shorten Inflammation
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 02:22:39 PM »
Suppressing inflammation is very useful with chronic inflammatory conditions or "ordinary" injuries. However it is not very helpful to suppress the short lasting, mild, controlled inflammation that occurs for an hour or two right after dermarolling because the inflammation triggers collagen production and other processes. In case of dermarolling, this short lasting, mild inflammation is desirable. Avoiding strong- anti-inflammatory substances only applies right after dermarolling. A day after or even some hours after dermarolling, you can already apply them.

mayamia

• Forum member
Re: Prolong inflammation or Shorten Inflammation
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 08:42:15 PM »
Thanks Sarah for your reply and time.
I take that  inducing inflammation is necessary for kick-starting the healing cascade, but there is no harm in controlling the inflammation in a while.