Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: 2 nd degree burn  (Read 5691 times)

Nita

2 nd degree burn
« on: September 07, 2012, 06:11:18 AM »
Hello,

I recently suffered from a large 2nd degree burn on my thigh two months ago., some areas have resulted in hypertrophic scars that are both hypo and hyper pigmented.  I have been using silicone sheets which have helped to flatten the scar that was thickening in some places.

My question is :

1) when is it safe to start dermarolling?  Should there be at least a 6 month transitioning period  ( a time to do nothing) since the burn is considered immature?

2) I see you recommend different dermarolling tools for large hypertrophic burn scars
One is a dermastamp 1.5 or 2mm, and the other is a roller 1.5 or 2mm.  Which one should I buy?

3)Are there any other creams you can suggest for application?  What about trenatonin or other topical ointments to assist with appearance?

Thanks for your time.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: 2 nd degree burn
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 03:28:50 PM »
Eight weeks is sufficient time to start with microneedling.

I recommend a 1.5 mm dermastamp with 35 needles and the 0.1 % Tretinoin cream (we sell it). The scar will get red after stamping and Tretinoin will also make it temporarily red. Stamp it densely every three weeks and apply Tretinoin every second day.

Infadolan ointment is suitable for dermatamping aftercare.

You can also apply a little Infadolan daily onto the scar. It can be applied on top of Tretinoin.
Once a week (or so), apply a thick layer of Infadolan and cover it overnight with food wrap. Remove the foil in the morning and remove excessive Infadolan to avoid your clothes getting greasy.

If your scars are raised, perform the pressure massage that is described here:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/what-to-do-about-hypertrophic-scars/