Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: How useful is the 1 mm dermaroller?  (Read 17020 times)

execellentduam

• Forum member
How useful is the 1 mm dermaroller?
« on: September 12, 2012, 02:49:57 PM »
Hi Sarah,i have currently got three sizes of dermarollers at home,0.5mm.1.0mm and also the 1.5mm model.I know the 0.5mm model is used mainly for product penetration and the longer needle length of 1.5mm to remove pretty deep lines around the face mainly to penetrate deeper down through the skin and hopefully remove the deeper  forehead lines and the likes of crows feet,the question i have for you is this,is there really much need for the 1.0mm model?I know that you can use shorter needles in the time before having to use the longer 1.5mm roller ,but does a mixture of the 0.5mm and the 1.5mm not really serve the same purpose and eradicate the need for a 1.0mm roller?Or is it benefical to use the 0.5 mm roller twice or three times a week,the 1.0mm roller once every ten days or fortnight and then the 1.5mm roller once a month.By the way every time i use a roller i am using a stamp in conjuction with it, is this ok too?      Many thanks as always.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 03:52:02 PM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: How useful is the 1 mm dermaroller?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 05:34:28 AM »
There is no need to use a 1 mm roller if you use a 0.5 mm + 1.5 mm combo. A 1 mm roller is very useful for areas with thinner skin - such as
the neck, the back of hands, the area around the eyes, décolleté etc and for those who want to refresh the skin but do not yet have really deep lines. A 1 mm dermaroller does reach the dermis and trigger collagen.

You can also for example use a 1 mm roller on your face and then treat the wrinkles around the lips and on the forehead individually with a 1.5 mm dermastamp (a 1.5 mm dermastamp is usually too long for the area around the eyes and you may end up with bruises).

A 0.5 mm roller reaches the top of the dermis and it does improve the overall skin texture (if used long term). It is not suitable for deep lines
or scars. It is excellent for pigmentations (except for dermal melasma and other deep pigmentations) and post acne spots.

Yes, you can use a dermaroller and a dermastamp during the same session.

execellentduam

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 10:28:13 AM »
Thanks for your swift reply Sarah,i think i will take your advice and use the 0.5mm for basically product penetration,twice aweek, along with the recommended products, and the 1.0mm once every two weeks to refresh the facial skin and also for the back of the hands which are becoming noticeably and increasingly more wrinkly,rather than have the 1.0mm dermaroller going to waste so to speak lol,and use the 1.5 roller and the 1.5 derma stamp for my  quite deepening forehead lines and crows feet once a monthAlthough i have had the 1.5 roller and 1.5 derma stamp for two or three weeks now,  i havent got around as yet to use either on my forehead or my crows feet,having said that i havent used the 1.0mm stamp, just the roller on my deepening forehead lines either,just on my crows feet, which after the first session seem to reduce them quite alot compared to what they orginally were before i decided to start this dermaroller/dermastamp process,but didnt eradicate them totally,so would a 1.5mm stamp do this? And also the deepening forehead lines? And if so how many sessions do you think in your own opinion it would take?Or is it just an individual thing and therefore every case is different? Many thanks in advance once again and many congratulations on having a very honest and informative website.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 06:02:25 PM »
I believe a 1 mm dermastamp is more suitable for the area around the eyes because the skin is quite thin there.

You can use your 1.5 mm dermastamp on your forehead (the sides of the forehead are also quite thin though).

It is quite rare that the wrinkles improve already after the first dermarolling/stamping session so you are lucky. I am not sure it is a
realistic expectation that the wrinkles will completely disappear - especially crow's feet, which are constantly "reinforced" by smiling (unless
you use Botox). They will fill in and become less visible but they will still be slightly visible.

Yes, it is individual.