Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: hypopigmentation after waxing upper lip  (Read 7082 times)

bha

hypopigmentation after waxing upper lip
« on: September 13, 2012, 03:21:38 PM »
hi,
5 years ago i waxed my upper lip and since then that area has not tanned. it looks like a pale white mustache on my face. i am indian with brown skin and it looks worst during summer. after coming to know about needling i hope it might help me. how do i start? do i need to dermaroll the entire hypopigmented area or try stamping? also what is the needle length and diameter i should be using? how frequently should i dermaroll? can my problem be treated? please help me. its making me feel really low and down. your help will be greatly appreciated  :-[

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: hypopigmentation after waxing upper lip
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 07:04:52 AM »
You should try a 1 mm dermastamp and stamp the hypopigmented area every ten days. There is a good chance it will improve. Fist try the dermastamp somewhere else on the face (on the side) to see how your skin reacts to it.

It should be OK but it is always good to do a test patch. After stamping, there maybe some hyperpigmentation that will soon disappear.

After stamping, you must protect it from the sun with a high factor sunscreen lotion and if you can, avoid the sun completely for at least many
hours after stamping.

The area above and around the lips is very sensitive and you may need a numbing cream.

Related subject:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/melanocytes-transfer-for-white-scars-and-hypopigmentation

bha

Re: hypopigmentation after waxing upper lip
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 12:59:24 PM »
Thank You very much Sarah. Will do it at the earliest.