Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: 1.5mm one liner roller  (Read 14466 times)

Amyk

• Forum member
1.5mm one liner roller
« on: September 21, 2012, 05:55:03 PM »
Hi Sarah, I used the one liner roller yesterday on my arms and breasts yesterday and found it very difficult and also painful. I ordered the 1.5 one liner...for some reason the plastic each side of the needles seemed to touch the skin before the needles no matter what tbe angle was and so I was not able to roll my stretchmarks densely. I had to push down and press hard for the needles to touch the skin, lifting after each roll but I am now left with terrible scratches and scrapes all over my breasts. I don't know if there is something wrong with the roller or if I did something wrong but it was extremely difficult to use. I did give up in the end, I now think I should have ordered the wide 1.5mm dermastamp as I have a lot of stretch marks to cover on my stomach and sides but I don't think I will be using the one liner again :( I was looking forward to using this in between rolls. Please can you shed some light, have I used the wrong technique? And will these cat like scrapes disappear without leaving any damage behind? should I order the dermastamp instead? :(
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 05:54:42 PM by Amyk »

Peggotty

Re: Dissapointed with the 1.5mm one liner roller
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 07:08:21 PM »
Amy, did you pull the skin taut? Just wondering if that would help keep the plastic parts from hitting the surrounding skin.  I know it is kind of awkward to hold the skin but it does help.

If you didn't, do you think that might help?

Amyk

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 02:39:17 AM »
Hi peggoty, I did hold the skin taut but still found it very difficult...the needles just wouldn't touch the skin before the plastic unless I pushed down hard, it took me absolutely ages! In the end it just felt as if I was getting nowhere! I just hope these scratches and scrapes disappear as I look like I have been attacked...do you think the larger dermastamp may be a better option for me?

Peggotty

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 11:49:39 AM »
I think the scrapes will completely disappear, just like if you were to scrape yourself some other way. I know how scary it is to see many of them at once, making it look worse than it is though. I think you'll be fine.  I completely understand you not wanting that to happen again though, and sorry that happened. :(

I have never used a derma stamp myself, so I can't speak for that.  I have only used regular rollers. I recently ordered a couple 3 line rollers, but have not received yet. I wonder if the three line would work well on stretch marks and hopefully not have the problem with the plastic on either side scraping or touching?  I am only wondering out loud, as I have no idea myself.

I will be interested to read what Sarah has to say on this issue.  I would not worry about the scratches though.  My very first time to roll (which was my legs), not only did I use a cheapy roller (not purchased here), but I went back and forth without picking the roller up each time, and I did that "star" method really fast. My legs were covered in track marks AND scratches, because since I was doing the star method too fast, I was getting scratches probably similar to what you have.  It took a few days for the track marks to disappear, and longer for the scratches.  They did all completely disappear though eventually, with no marks at all. Don't worry.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 05:05:02 PM »
Hi Amyk,

If you think there is something wrong with your roller, the forum is not the right place to complain - and our forum rules say: "Please no product complaints" and we have a good reason for that - explained in the forum rules.

Instead, email us a picture of your roller, so that we can see whether you have received a bad roller. That does happen occasionally, that is why we advise to inspect the roller before use and when in doubt, to email us.

I did not understand what you meant by "the plastic touches the skin before the needles"?

Amyk

• Forum member
Re: 1.5mm one liner roller
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 05:42:04 AM »
Hi Sarah, apologies if it came across I was complaining about the product in a malicious way, this certainly wasn't my intention. I have been very happy with all the products I have received from yourselves so far. I have been extremely worried I have caused scarring with the scrapes as my skin looks terrible, I wanted to know if this was normal when using the one liner hence my post on here, I did not mean to offend in anyway. What I mean with the plastic is when I put the roller against my skin the needles dnt touch it easily, almost as if the casing stops it so I had to press down. Maybe this is correct and I've been using it incorrectly? The roller looks fine to me upon inspection. I will send you an email with pics later on! Peggoty thank you for your reassurance!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 04:37:10 PM »
It is still not clear to me what you mean, you mean that the roller does not roll smoothly? Or that the needles do not penetrate easily?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 11:06:37 AM »
A one liner is much easier to use on long scars or stretch marks than on short ones. The scratches will certainly disappear and honestly, any type of very mild skin damage, be it pricks from dermarolling or even for example scratches, will trigger skin remodeling. The stretch marks will remodel into their previous state or they will remodel into a better state (in fortunate individuals) and become less visible. Scratches are too superficial to make any difference in stretch marks but they will certainly not make them worse or anything.

Using the one liner on your abdomen will be likely easier. If you have many stretch marks, having various dermarolling tools is certainly advisable. You can add a 1.5 m dermastamp (preferably the small one) and target individual stretch marks on the breasts or elsewhere.

In stretch marks, the best combination is a regular 1.5 mm dermaroller (or a regular 2 mm dermaroller) and either the single needles or a 1.5 mm or 2 mm dermastamp or a 1.5 or a 2 mm one liner roller. Tretinoin cream is also useful for stretch marks:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Stretch-Marks-individual-needling

Amyk

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 04:34:17 PM »
What I meant was the roller does not seem to roll smoothly, hence I had to use more pressure as the needles did not seem to be touching the skin. Maybe this was due to me using it on my breasts.. Thank you for the advice, I'll incorporate the dermastamp into my routine!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 05:26:40 PM »
Please email me so we can refund you for that roller. Our home-brand occasionally has that problem but when someone gets a bad roller like that, we always send a replacement or refund.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 03:22:52 AM by SarahVaughter »

Amyk

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 01:26:16 PM »
Hi Sarah, I used the single liner roller last Saturday...some of the scratches which occurred are still visible...they are faint but they can still be seen and some of my stretch marks are still red as if they are still inflamed.. Will this change? I have done two rolls so far, the first time I used the dermaroller was on the 2nd august and the second was one month later..the skin on my breasts still looks darker than usual, is this discolouration permanent as it does not seem to be going? My breasts look very odd because of the colour difference. I am Indian with fair skin...I wanted to use the regular dermaroller again next Friday, should I not use it? I am terrified I have damaged my skin as the discolouration hasn't disappeared

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 04:30:57 PM »
It is not completely uncommon having skin color changes that last weeks after the microneedling session, especially if the session was intensive, such as the one liner and especially if you roll darker types of skin.  It will go away.

If the stretch marks are still red, it means the skin is still "being worked on". That is not a bad sign. There is no permanent damage.

Give your skin a rest and postpone your next rolling.

Amyk

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 07:01:56 AM »
Sarah my skin is still dark 2months after my first roll...this can't be normal? It must be PIH, is this common and what should I do? My skin looks so much worse, I am so depressed I just don't know what to do

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, 05:02:05 PM »
Hi Amyk, could you please email me a photo because you had deleted the photos from the other thread and I do not remember exactly how it looked. Or make a photo how it looks now, it would be even better.

Amyk

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2012, 08:37:33 AM »
Hi Sarah I have e mailed you quite a few pics of my skin how it looks now