Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Dermastamp or dermaroll for acne? What length?  (Read 5481 times)

mallika

Dermastamp or dermaroll for acne? What length?
« on: September 28, 2012, 11:17:36 PM »
I have been rolling with 1.5 mm for about a year. I have (rolling? box car?) acne scars, and also some depressions from overuse of steroid injections to combat the breakouts (s I understand it, the underlying fat went away). I bought the single needles, but have been too squeamish to use them. I don't see much change. Should I be stamping the affected areas instead? Or going to 2 mm? Or stamping with 2 mm? I am ordering the suctions and the numbing cream (maybe with the cream I can handle the needling). I appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Dermastamp or dermaroll for acne? What length?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 09:05:30 AM »
If the steroid injections caused the fat below the skin to recede (steroids can cause changes in the shape or location of body fat), then dermarolling will not help. Dermarolling cannot trigger new fat under the skin. Dermarolling can thicken the skin but it cannot affect the structures below the skin.

Yes, use a 1.5 mm dermastamp on your scars (or a 2 mm if the scars are really deep). A dermastamp is really easy to use. Stubborn scars often need a more targeted and intensive treatment (such as single needling or dermastamping).

If there is no improvement of the scars after many months of rolling and stamping, adding the suction method is always a good idea because the scars may be tethered:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/subcision-suction-method-for-acne-scars/
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 05:00:49 AM by SarahVaughter »

mallika

Re: Dermastamp or dermaroll for acne? What length?
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 11:34:01 PM »
Thank you.