Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Red spots on my skin after dermastamping  (Read 8166 times)

Bellavita

Red spots on my skin after dermastamping
« on: October 01, 2012, 06:06:25 AM »
I have been doing the dermarolling for over 1,5 years now, with success. I have ordered the dermastamp, and my first treatment with it was on Friday.
I did not experience this with the roller, my face is full of blood spots under the skin, and it did not change within the 2 days at all. This is my 3rd day, and I do have to go working, I cannot stay at home.
Is this normal????
What should I do to speed up the healing process?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 03:27:59 PM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Red spots on my skin after dermastamping
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 03:26:21 PM »
The dermastamp goes deeper than a dermaroller with the same length needles. We warn to do a test patch first, in our instructions, for that reason.

What you describe is rare but when it occurs it is completely normal and even a sign that you've treated thoroughly, with a good likelihood of treatment success.

You can buy Heparin cream in the pharmacy (usually OTC) to diminish the spots but don't use it right after dermaneedling - wait a day because it is a blood thinner. Don't expect miracles from it either - it could take a long time (weeks) before those spots are gone, unfortunately.

Hopefully you can use makeup to make it less visible.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 03:28:50 PM by SarahVaughter »

Bellavita

Re: Red spots on my skin after dermastamping
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 05:21:50 PM »
Thanks for the quick answer.
I have used a common comfrey and arnica content cream, but it does not seem to help a lot. I will try heparin tomorrow.

Does it mean that I should use the roller instead of stamp?
Is it possible, that I was not gentle enought with stamping? Should I do it more slowley next time?
I did not experience this type of skin condition before. It is quite frightening...

Peggotty

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 07:13:02 PM »
I had the same happen on my stomach. Took quite a while for the spots to go away.  Was no problem since my stomach was covered anyway.  That was with the roller.

I am happy to hear from Sarah that it is a sign that I treated the area thoroughly!!

I would not worry, but if you don't want it to happen again I'd go back to the roller you were using before, since Sarah pointed out that the stamp goes deeper for the same size needles. Going deeper would be what caused it.

Bellavita

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 08:06:46 AM »
I really do not understand this, since I have already rolled with a 2mm on my face, with no signs like this!

This is my 4th day, and the tiny red spots are getting darker, full of my whole face... and it did not get lighter at all, although I use special creams for it!!!

i will never use a dermastamp on my whole face again...