Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Could you tell me what type of scar this is?  (Read 8354 times)

firalvin

• Forum member
Could you tell me what type of scar this is?
« on: October 07, 2012, 01:09:38 AM »
pit scar problem
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 08:10:28 AM by SarahVaughter »

dermaboy

Re: Could you tell me what type of scar this is?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 12:37:06 PM »
Hey firalvin, from my experience dermarolling really doesnt do much. I dont even have deep pitted scars. I have shallow boxcar type scars and the dermarolling didnt do anything at all for them. If I were you I would use SINGLE NEEDLING for your pitted scars. Your skin actually looks pretty good and your pitted scars seem isolated which single needling is perfect for.

I haven't used single needling for my scars but from my 1 year experience of dermarolling. I can almost assure you that a dermaroller won't improve your isolated pitted scars AT ALL. Use a single needle.

Do more research on single needling and isolated pitted scars. I'm sure single needle is the way to go for you.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 12:37:32 PM by dermaboy »

firalvin

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 01:04:19 PM »
Hi Dermaboy,
                   Thanks  for the information you given, where can i purchase single needling? i search Sarah website but currently out of stock for this item.  :D

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 06:29:35 PM »
There are no alternatives but to use our upcoming needle. One month from now we will receive samples from the manufacturer, we have been promised.

The reason why no alternatives to our upcoming needle exist is that our needle stops automatically, it is only 1.8 mm long. Our previous needles were slightly longer and they caused terrible bruising with some customers. The previous needle type is not available for production anywhere in the world anymore either - the manufacturers refuse to produce more of this custom-made device, since they say it is too much work for them, they won't produce them at any price - they are simply not able/willing to do it anymore (they also refused to pay us back thousands of dollars we paid them to start production), hence we now use a specialized medical needle factory instead of a tattoo needle factory.

Cost to us: $5000,- for the molds and $20000 for a minimum order qty. Excl. shipping, which is also several thousand dollars. So this upcoming single needle really is going to be unique and will likely remain unique. So please be patient and, by buying it when it has become available, help us to recoup some of this approx. $30000,- in total costs associated with providing this needle for purchase. (We need 3333 purchases of 5 needles for $9,- just to break even!) We have spent one year trying to get a suitable needle developed and it is proving harder than we had hoped for. Hundreds of emails have been exhanged with various manufacturers, we had many frustrating months but we are finally reaching the end, hopefully..
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 09:12:24 AM by SarahVaughter »

firalvin

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 11:25:30 PM »
Hi sarah,
             So for the single needling procedure, i must pricks the same scar for how many times? And do i need to prick it to the middle of the scar or just prick surround of the scar? And for the single needle device when would it arrive? :D 

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 03:47:02 PM »
Before I answer - what happened to the picture? Could you re-upload it please? (you can make yourself unrecognizable or email me the picture and we will do that).

Without picture, this thread becomes much less useful for others and it would be counterproductive to give recommendations when others can't see anymore what I'm recommending about..

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 06:06:00 PM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 06:06:02 AM »
Well, I'm sad you removed the photo - it was a great example of pitted scars and would serve nicely to document your progress.

You should buy a 2 mm dermastamp (we have it in stock). It is a very effective tool for deep pitted scars.

The instructions for single needling are here:

https://http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/dermaroller-instructions.pdf