Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Post-Rolling Topicals Question  (Read 4872 times)

LP3

Post-Rolling Topicals Question
« on: October 29, 2012, 06:49:35 PM »
Dear Sarah or anyone else since this isn't really a product enquiry,

I have been using your rollers & A-Ret cream for some time now with great results!!!

I must however stop using vitamin A, so I was wondering if one of the following can be safely used immediately after rolling:

a) Hydrolat / Hydrosol (is water a good idea on open skin?)
b) Shea Butter (is its latex content a concern?)

I would appreciate a prompt reply as my nest planned session is tomorrow...

Thank you so much.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Post-Rolling Topicals Question
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 05:54:50 PM »
It is very nice to hear microneedling and the A-Ret works for you. Would you mind  telling us some details?  What skin condition have you been rolling for and what exactly improved?

Hydrosols are a by-product of the production of essential oils.  They contain tiny droplets of essential oils but I am not sure whether this is enough to keep the skin moisturized after microneedling. They are more suitable as a refreshing toner.  You can try it and see whether it keeps the skin from drying out. It also depends what needle length you use. The longer the needles, the more protection and moisturizing you require.

Shea butter is suitable; it is supposedly just a very mild anti-inflammatory so that is OK.

Even though I try, I, cannot always answer forum postings the same day.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 05:55:24 PM by SarahVaughter »