Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Treatment for acne scarring  (Read 6162 times)

aneas1867

• Forum member
Treatment for acne scarring
« on: November 09, 2012, 04:16:30 PM »
Hi,

I would like to know if I should use a longer dermaroller/dermastamp for my scarring on both cheeks.

I have been using 0.5mm dermaroller (early to tell if it is working for me) but I think I maybe need to combine a dermastamp for ice pick and box scars on both cheeks (I also do have a bit of rolling scar by the mouth).

Pigmentation is getting lighter (very slowly though) so I don't worry about that much for now.

I have attached pictures of my right cheek only but the left cheek is no better or worse.

Please reply me back at the earliest convenience.

Thanks!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Treatment for acne scarring
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 10:52:42 AM »
You should definitely add a 1.5 mm dermstamp (stamp your scars densely every three weeks). You do not have to stamp all scars in one session. You can stamp one cheek, do it very thoroughly, let it heal and stamp the other etc.

Continue with you 0.5 mm rollings.

I think you would also benefit from our 0.5% Tretinoin cream. It does not fill in scars but it will help with the remaining acne and pigmentation.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 10:53:22 AM by SarahVaughter »

aneas1867

• Forum member
Re: Treatment for acne scarring
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 09:18:03 PM »
Thank you for the reply.

I will definitely try 1.5mm dermastamp and will keep you posted.