Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Are my rolling scars tethered?  (Read 7560 times)

kate777

Are my rolling scars tethered?
« on: November 16, 2012, 03:28:09 PM »
I have rolling scars on both cheeks. I began using expensive lasers in the beginning of 2009. Then, at the end of 2009, I did a fraxel repair that involved vinegar soaks and a week of not leaving the house as well as anesthesia and the whole thing. After this, the scars on my right pretty much went away completely. The scars on my left seemed to have little or no improvement. I didn't have any more money so in the summer of 2011 I started rolling. I think by now there has been minor improvement but I didn't roll very aggressively. I was rolling with a 1.5 stamp and a 1.0 roller about every 2 months and then I stopped for about 8 months. Now I've started again and 2 months ago I did a really thorough rolling job. It seems like each scar is now more indented but to be honest, I'm not all that worried because it was the best stamping job I'd ever done. Anyway, after all of that, I'm now reading about suctioning. But when I stretch my skin, all the scars go away. Am I doing the "stretch test" wrong? Are all rolling scars tethered? Or is it that after all my treatments, they are now untethered? If they were tethered, what would they look like when I stretched them? Thank you!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Are my rolling scars tethered?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 01:56:01 PM »
All I can say in this case is that the suctioning method should be tried in cases of the rolling type of acne scars or even other scars if they have not responded to other treatments. Scars are a difficult problem and various approaches and combinations are often necessary.

Some rolling scars are stretchable and their appearance does improved with manual stretching so the "stretch test" is not always helpful.

Your scars are most likely not tethered but you never know. There must be some reason why they did not respond as well as the other side.

You should stamp the scars about every four weeks.

If you decide to try the suction method, try the protocol used by our customer who successfully improved her scars:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/6-month-update/