Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Moving on to Single Needles...  (Read 5858 times)

thistimeonly

• Forum member
Moving on to Single Needles...
« on: November 18, 2012, 08:26:17 PM »
Hello Sarah

So I have had moderate success with the dermastamp but think will achieve more with single needles, as I will be able to really maneuver around the scars. I read that the needles will be available before December so that is great.

I was wondering if there is some combination therapy that can be done with the single needling? I hear many people dermaroll after they needle. Is that an added benefit?

Another question I have is should I single needle after getting fillers for my scars or should no?

Lastly, I have a question about the copper peptitide serum. Is it helpful for removing discoloration of scars? I cannot use Retin-A as my face breaks out and flakes too much so was wonder if the peptide would be an ideal solution.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Moving on to Single Needles...
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 01:47:41 PM »
The single needles wil not be ready before December. The factory has promised us "for sure before Christmas" but we have been working very hard to get the needles produced with two factories for the past 1.5 years and also this time it looks there may be complications. As far as needles go, our needles seem to be quite a few steps above rocket science. We still hope and expect to have them for sale just before Christmas though. We are extremely frustrated about the delays but there is nothing we can do.

You can combine single needling, stamping and rolling during the same session, no problem. Usually, it is easier first to needle, then stamp and then roll because when the scars get red from the procedure, they are less visible and it is difficult to precisely target them with the single needle so starting the session with needling is the most practical.

No, you should not needle or stamp scars that were injected with fillers. Microneedling triggers the deep renewal of the skin and this could theoretically speed up the diminishing of the filler. The filler will be diminishing anyway but deep needling could maybe speed it up.

Copper peptides do not really work for pigmentation. You can either try acid peels or a cream with hydroquinone. Or very low percentage Retin-A, applying it with a toothpick on the scars only, to avoid peeling of the entire face.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 03:34:43 PM by SarahVaughter »