Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Stamping Whiteheads  (Read 6196 times)

cris

• Forum member
Stamping Whiteheads
« on: November 24, 2012, 07:26:55 PM »
Hi Sarah,

I have a small whitehead that is embedded within an acne scar that I would like to stamp with my 2.0mm dermastamp.  It seems fairly embedded, thick, hard, and I don't think it will be emerging or shrinking anytime soon.  Would there be any concerns about stamping it?  I know that you advise against stamping active acne.

Thanks!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Stamping Whiteheads
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 11:23:04 AM »
It would be better to pierce it and squeeze out its contents prior to stamping so that it is not pushed deeply into the skin by the dermastamp.

cris

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 01:47:44 PM »
Thanks Sarah.  Do you recommend using your single needles to pierce it? And, do I simply prick it and gently squeeze?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 02:45:58 PM »
You can gently pierce it with your dermastamp (use the edge needles of the dermastamp).  Do not pierce it deeply, just superficially to be able to squeeze its content out.

Just remember to thoroughly clean and disinfect the dermastamp immediately afterwards before using it!