Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Can Prescription Retin-A Be Used in Regimen?  (Read 6055 times)

HoneyBee

• Forum member
Can Prescription Retin-A Be Used in Regimen?
« on: December 14, 2012, 05:24:43 PM »
Hi Sarah,

I'm brand new to dermarolling, and am very eager to start the process. I've reviewed all your instructions and even the posts you have responded to regarding Retnoic Acid and vitamin A. I understand that the A-Ret cream that is sold on your site and prescription Retin-A are similar. My insurance will completely cover my Retin-A precription, and I was wondering if I could use that formula instead of the A-ret cream? Are there any downsides to using the Retin-A instead?

Also, I've read everything you have posted in regards to needle length specific to treatment area and type. I'm interested in dermarolling for improvement in general facial firmness and complexion plus most definitely for anti-aging (fine lines around the eyes, laugh lines, and very very faint frown lines). You mention that 1.5 is best for anti-aging, but I read on another site that anything over 1.0 should not be used on the face. What is your advice regarding treating the early signs of aging I've identified and dermarolling?

Thank you so much in advance!!!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Can Prescription Retin-A Be Used in Regimen?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 03:40:03 PM »
>I understand that the A-Ret cream that is sold on your site and prescription Retin-A are similar.

You can use anything that contains Tretinoin (= retinoic acid). The name of the cream does not matter. The therapeutic substance in it is the acidic form of vit. A - retinoic acid, also called tretinoin. For the rest, the creams may differ in other ingredients (such water, glycerin, propylene glycol, sorbic acid etc.) but that is not important.
The active ingredient of our creams (except for Infadolan) is tretinoin. And the active ingredient of the Retin A cream is tretinoin.

We have recently added a size guide for various skin conditions into our instructions:

https://http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/dermaroller-instructions.pdf

You can also read the forum postings with successful stories that are put as sticky on our forum. You may find some inspiration there.

We have more forum postings on our forum about successful improvement after microneedling but only some of them are "sticky".