Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Question about many stretch marks and scars  (Read 7512 times)

hope13

• Forum member
Question about many stretch marks and scars
« on: December 31, 2012, 05:27:16 PM »
Hello Sarah!
I really want to thank you for this website and for giving hope to many people out there, especially to people as young as me.
I am in my early 20s and have stretch marks everywhere as well as depressed scars on my face from chicken pox as a child.  At such a young age, I am so ashamed to say that I do not even show my arms in public, and I would really like to just be able to wear a tank top and shorts in public without fear. I do dermastamping and it takes me several hours to cover all of my marks.  I really want to single needle a lot of my marks, especially the larger ones, but I know that will take forever. So I have several questions to ask:

1. I apply infadolan to my scars and stretch marks after stamping, but because I have so many, I use up a tube so quickly, making it very expensive. So I was hoping to use infadolan maybe for the dermastamping treatment itself and for a day afterwards. And and then go back to using emu oil (which I was hoping to use on a daily basis on my scars anyway because I read that it has helped others) and Vitamin C. Would that be okay?
2. My second concern was about single needling. How long does it take in general to single needle a mark that is around an inch long? Also, because I am aware that the single needle would take forever to hit a lot of my scars, I was hoping to use the single line dermaroller 1.5 mm and roll very densely. I understand this wouldn't be as effective as single-needling, but do you think it would be effective enough? For this purpose, should I use the 2.0 mm single roller or just stick with the 1.5 mm single roller?
3. Or as an alternative to single-needling and single line rolling, could I just use the dermastamp to prick the scars extremely densely?

Thank you so much for all of your help Sarah! I really appreciate it!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 06:11:08 PM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Question about many stretch marks and scars
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 04:03:35 PM »
It is not required to use the single needles. Keep going with your dermastamp. A dermastamp is very effective. You do not have to stamp your entire face in one session. Stamp one cheek, when it heals, stamp the other etc.

Yes, you can use emu oil. (BTW there is no need applying thick layers of Infadolan, apply just a little to protect the skin).

Tretinoin cream (we sell it) was found to help stretch marks. You will find a link here to the studies about Tretinoin:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Stretch-Marks-individual-needling

The one-liner roller is not suitable for acne scars or chicken pox scars or any small scars. It is suitable for long stretch marks but it would be even better to use a 1.5 mm regular roller on the entire area and then a 1.5 mm dermastamp to stamp individual stretch marks. Again, you do not have to use the single needles - use a dermastamp.

hope13

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 07:25:18 PM »
Thank you very much for your help Sarah! You know, I forgot to mention but I have seen a difference in my stretch marks after using just the dermastamp once,especially on my horrifically large stretch marks. I dermastamped my huge shoulder stretch marks perhaps two months ago, and they are already beginning to match the color of my skin, especially when I compared them to stretch marks that have not been dermastamped yet. I would say in terms of color and texture, there is a 10% improvement. It's great! Thank you so much for your help! I think I might just stick with single needling my very very bad scars and then dermarolling and dermastamping the rest. Thanks once again  :D

purple_buttefly

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 05:19:39 AM »
That's pretty cool.  I have the same problem as you, having too many to single needle, I manage it (just about) but I probably have way too much time on my hands.

I'm thinking of using the single needles just for my arms and sides of my stomach... And just use a one liner for the rest. :)

If I can win the war with my arms and stomach I'll be happy, I have a few on my back and breasts but they don't bother me, nor do my legs as I don't like wearing short things anyway. :)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 12:10:11 PM »
@Hope 13

Thank you for mentioning your improvements.  Stretch marks are in fact very deep scars, they are basically stretched cracks in the skin and the cracks are filled with scar tissue. Any improvement, even a small one is a big victory.