Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: What would be a maintenance regime after the first 18 months?  (Read 7220 times)

annie71

• Forum member
What would be a maintenance regime after the first 18 months?
« on: January 05, 2013, 10:33:17 AM »
I am about to start dermarolling, using the 0.5 twice weekly and the 1.5 mm every four to five weeks.  My understanding is that i should expect it take anything up to a year or longer (although some may notice improvements earlier) to notice any improvements in skin texture, tone and wrinkles.

If I keep up this regime for the first 18 months, could a maintenance schedule reduce the amount of time i use both, especially the 1.5 mm dermaroller?  Ie could i then drop down to using the 1.5mm dermaroller to every three months or does maintenance just mean to continue on the same schedule indefinitely?  Many thanks in advance

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: What would be a maintenance regime after the first 18 months?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 03:25:18 PM »
No, you do not have to keep the schedule indefinitely, neither is the skin going to improve indefinitely. The point where the skin stops improving is individual. Some get almost miraculous improvements after microneedling and some get no improvements at all. Also, microneedling does not improve 100% of skin conditions in 100% of cases. The wrinkles above my upper lip and the wrinkles in between my eyebrows improved tremendously after microneedling, whereas my crow's feet have not responded at all.

When you achieve satisfactory improvement, move to a maintenance schedule. From my experience, wrinkles never completely disappear after microneedling; they just significantly filled in and got less visible.

Concerning hyperpigmentation, the main thing is to avoid sun exposure and protect the skin with a sunscreen as much as you can, otherwise it will surely come back.

Microneedling cannot stop aging and the skin will continue to age, including wrinkle formation but microneedling results are usually long lasting.

annie71

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 09:13:30 AM »
Many thanks for your comprehensive and honest reply.  May I ask what a maintenance regime would be?  As I really don't know.  many thanks

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 11:58:17 AM »
Reducing the frequency of your current regime. Switching to any other maintenance routine that you have time and energy for.