Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Products after dermarolling  (Read 6600 times)

glamlass

• Forum member
Products after dermarolling
« on: January 05, 2013, 05:04:16 PM »
Hi Sarah

I've just dermarolled my face but I applied retin A afterwards, I now realise maybe that wasn't a good idea?
I'm not sure if I would cause any damage by doing this? can you give some advice?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Products after dermarolling
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 03:30:30 PM »
Retin A contains retinoic acid (it is also called tretinoin), which is acidic and if you apply it right after dermarolling, it will sting and the skin will likely get very irritated. Retinoic acid is basically a mild acid peel and dermarolling greatly enhances the penetration of any products applied after microneedling.

In case of stretch marks, surgical- and other scars with hardened collagen bundles and in case of stubborn acne scars, I do recommend applying it straight away.

glamlass

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 11:23:08 AM »
Thanks for the reply Sarah

It didn't sting my face really and luckily didn't seem to do any bad to it,I woke up the next day with clear fresh skin :)

There doesn't seem to be any peeling taking place or any sign of it happening, this makes me wonder if I'm applying the correct pressure when derma rolling. I apply medium pressure (no point bleeding at all) I'm not sure if I could stand any more pain if I was to go harder  :-\

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 11:57:35 AM »
Medium pressure is what you should apply. Do not do more than that. The peeling is not always clearly visible on the skin and not everybody reacts the same to tretinoin.