Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: need info on how to reverse/stop mid-face/neck sagging  (Read 12269 times)

juliad

• Forum member
need info on how to reverse/stop mid-face/neck sagging
« on: January 08, 2013, 11:52:56 AM »
 :(I'm a 48-y/o Caucasian woman, and five years ago, many ppl (albeit w/ no background in cosmetic procedures) thought I was in my early 30's. The last five years seem to have changed that; to may chagrin, ppl who are, IMO, rude enough to venture a guess at my chronological age do so more accurately. I've been rolling, w/ tretinoin, for a month, and am doing my best to visually reclaim some youthfulness.

My vitals are as follows: long hx of drug and alcohol abuse (clean 2 yrs); economically challenged :( long-term weight fluctutaions w/in 20 lbs of my ideal weight (145 lbs/5'8"). My health is good, I have never smoked cigarettes, and had a couple of bad sunburns before the age of 18, w/ one accidental burn around 30; otherwise, I've used sunscreen and cosmeceuticals when I could afford to do so. One run of Botox in a clinical trial.

My mid-face and neck seem to give my age away. (I also have grooves at the corners of my mouth, giving it the appearance of a perma-frown, and two roughly horizontal lines on either side of the perma-frown, about 1-1/2" below it. No way to send pics right now. Derma-Blend does not adequately address these, but I hope single-needle rolling will.)

Also supplement with 1 g Vitamin C and 800 units of E. I try to eat caretinoids in my diet. What else can I do, as surgical intervention will likely never be an option?

Much thanks,

juliad

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: need info on how to reverse/stop mid-face/neck sagging
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 03:35:04 PM »
Unfortunately, I cannot give you better advice for sagging skin than I have given in our instructions:

Lost elasticity/sun damaged skin
From our experience, the best results for crêpey/sagging skin is the combination of a short-needled dermaroller (to speed up the turnover of the skin) and a long-needled dermaroller (to trigger the formation of new collagen and elastin). We recommend using a regular 0.5 mm dermaroller (roll up to three times a week) and a regular 1.5 mm dermaroller (roll very densely every three weeks).

In addition to it, use a dermastamp on specific problems such as the individual wrinkles or lines. Using a 1.5 mm dermastamp for your grooves and lines is a better option than a one liner roller.

Start using oils (such as almond oil) on your lost elasticity skin because they are excellent moisturizers. Wet a cotton pad, add some oil and apply it on your skin.

Reading the last part of this article can give you some info:

https://http://owndoc.com/dermarolling/dermarolling-microneedling-hype-realistic-results/

If the corners of your lips are heading downwards which gives tired, perma-frown expression, it can be fixed by regular Botox injections. Unfortunately, dermarolling will not lift the corners of the mouth because it is dropping due to muscles.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 07:00:42 AM by SarahVaughter »

robmx522

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 08:47:11 PM »
sarah is it ok to use to 0.2 instead of the 0.5?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 08:51:14 AM »
Yes, it is OK.

SusanD

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 11:45:33 PM »
Hi Juliad.  Have you tried facial exercises?  I find them very helpful with preventing facial sag. 

Yccerod

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 01:55:36 AM »
Can you please tells what facial exercises to do.  I am having "puppet mouth" as my mom calls it, where their is a crease going downward from the corner of my mouth.

Sonny

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 07:11:39 PM »
Face exercises are a series muscle building techniques that are supposed to lift, firm, and build up the underlying sagging muscles of the face and neck. Providing that lost volume we notice as we age. Face exercises are not supposed to be just about wrinkles, but about droopy, sagging facial contours.

Face exercise instructors state that all the muscles of the face are internconnected and by working one (let say the upper cheek) you also firm those that are connected to that cheek muscle.

They also state that by these specific exercises your stimulating collagen production due to the massaging effect on the skin.

An example of a face exercises - for the upper cheeks - would be to place two fingers on top of the upper cheek. Then smile while using those fingers to push or keep that muscle from rising upward.  Sort of like an isometric workout.

Different instructors have different exercises - but from what I can see - they all seem to target the same muscles.....some more aggressive than others.

I really don't know for sure how effective they are. I've been doing them (several different ones) off and on for over 15 years and I feel that they might be in part responsible for how I look (not too much droop yet :-) at age 53......)

However, I'll never know - because it could be my face structure, genetics.....etc.... I have naturally high cheek bones and was told that this type of face shape doesn't show age as quickly.

I can tell you that the people who do the exercises regularly - especially the instructors - look fantastic for their age. So, I do think that maybe they work - but I think the key is - you have to do them on a regular basis.

Sarah - I'd love your opinion? What say you about face exercises?

Thanks