Forums > Dermarolling / Microneedling

Video with proper dermarolling technique

<< < (2/2)

Essie:
DO you need to repeat 8 times?  I noticed in the video she is repeating 8 times....
Lets say I am trying to roll my forehead....from left to right horizontally.
Do I need to repeat the exact same area 8 times, before I  move the roller a few millimetres down?
I am guessing that if I am only moving the roller down a few millimetres for the next roll, I am still rolling a little bit the previous area  no?

Would like to clarify this before I start rolling...the repeating eight times bit...I didn't see it in the instructions manual, It only says move the roller slightly and roll once.

So far I am only stamping with 0.5 so would love to try this now, with my new 1.o mm dermaroller.
thank you sarah

SarahVaughter:
You can either do it as explained in our latest instructions, or you can do it totally differently: Just roll "randomly" around the skin, about eight times over each part of the skin. Also this is explained in the instructions.

All that matters is to achieve a high prick density. It is not practical to roll smaller parts of the skin the way we recommend in the instructions.

All that really matters is not to use the outdated advice of the "star pattern" because that causes a bad prick distribution (too many in the center and too few at the edges), as explained in our instructions.

Essie:
Thank Sarah that helps so much.  I understand the star pattern and I wont be doing that, I ve read the instructions a couple of times.
What I didn't understand is whether you roll eight times and move the roller down exactly the width of the roller, and do another 8 times on new area, or do ONE time and move the roller very slightly down and do another one time and keep doing that.

So since Randomly is fine I can do either or :) Cant wait to start the rolling now...I am stamping every four days, very densely, and I do see blood sometimes coming out.  Yesterday I pricked one of my frown lines for the first time!  It didn't hurt that much no. And I did insert it all the way in and pricked all along the line from top to buttom.  I will keep doing this and hopefully I will post some pictures in a few months time.

Only thing that is bothering me right now is the nasolabials, sometimes they are so prominent, sometimes I can hardly see them. which means sometime I lose weight and they really stand out. The stamping with the 0.5 didn't help much, and they do become very red.  I will experiment with the roller 1.0 that I hve.

Thank You so much for the informative answers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version