Forums > Dermarolling / Microneedling

Questions about your vit. A D ointment Infadolan

(1/8) > >>

SarahVaughter:
Infadolan is a medical grade, regenerative, protective ointment with vitamins A+D and Lanolin. There are several reasons why we chose INFADOLAN.

First of all some other A+D ointments contain Zinc oxide, which is a mild astringent. An astringent is a chemical substance that shrinks and constricts body tissues. Zinc oxide acts as a skin-drying agent and can act as a skin anti-inflammatory. Astringents cause mild coagulation of skin proteins and that causes the skin to dry up. Zinc's "drying" properties are very beneficial in treating diaper rash, oily skin with acne or any other skin condition where drying the skin is desirable. Zinc oxide is also an excellent sun protection because it reflects the UV rays.

After dermarolling though, the "open" skin should be kept as moisturized as possible and that's why substances with astringent and dessicating (drying) properties are not suitable. Secondly, some A + D ointments contain a strong antinflammatory ingredient and which should not be put on your skin after rolling. The reason is that the dermaroller basically causes a mild, controlled inflammation of your skin, that inflammation triggers certain responses in the skin such as collagen induction and that's why a mild inflammation is desirable and should not be suppressed with strong anti inflammatory ingredients. The third reason is that Infadolan contains Lanolin, which is a very good occlusive and an outstanding moisturizer. It is especially useful to occlude the scars with an occlusive ointment after dermarolling scars, to postpone peeling. For reasons we do not fully understand, the occlusion of the scars has been proven to be beneficial in medical trials.

Our ointment contains natural Lanolin. The Lanolin carries the vit. D into the skin. The forth reason was that our ointment contains a high enough percentage of vit. A to have a therapeutic effect and that vit. A is there in the form that doesn't irritate the skin when the skin is "open". Infadolan is therefore used to treat first degree burns. Ordinary "Retin A" (Retinoic Acid) is not a good way to bring vit. A into open skin, because it is acidic. Infadolan contains Retinol Acetate, which is a non-acidic form of vit. A that does not "burn" the skin. The Retinoic acetate is slowly converted to Retinoic acid inside the skin. This process is much better for "open" skin than applying Retinoic acid directly. Infadolan's ingredients: Retinol acetate: 48 000 IU in 30 g Vit. D2: 9 000 IU in 30 g The ointment base is white wax, natural lanolin and white Vaseline.

Some people have reservations about using Lanolin or Vaseline, but all we can say that Lanolin is God's/evolution's ultimate natural skin care product and that it, as well as vaseline, are excellent occlusives. Occlusives prevent natural skin moisture from escaping. This moisture is essential for the healing process after dermarolling. Vaseline is not "made of gasoline" - Vaseline is just as natural as the oil that comes out of the ground. Vaseline is made of oil, and oil is widely assumed to be made of ancient dead sea organisms. Contrary to what some believe, Lanolin allergy does not exist at all or occurs at most in one in a hundred thousand people. Sometimes the good old skin products really still are the best. No need for gimmicks here. This cream is prescribed for first degree burns in its country of origin, the Czech Republic. If we knew a better ointment, we would sell that one. The issue is that it has to be an ointment (= having an oil basis, to prevent the tissue in the skin from getting micro-damaged due to oxygen exposure and drying out. That would interfere with optimal collagen/elastin formation). This ointment is so far the very best we managed to find, with no reported issues - on the contrary, people like the soothing coolness without subsequent irritation. The only drawback is the oiliness, but if you want to be pretty, you have to suffer.. The key is to use very little. As it is oil-based, you need very much less than if it were a cream.

A skin needled with long needles should be treated with caution. You should not use anything that can easily become bacterially contaminated, such as a jar that you had repeatedly put fingers in, etc. Infadolan is in a tube and that ensures no bacterial contamination. Infadolan contains no alcohol and no parabens.

joela:
Is Infadolan safe to use everyday Or should I only use it after dermarolling?

After 24-48 hours of rolling is it alright to resume with my regular facial creams and toner?

SarahVaughter:
Yes (it's safe to use), and yes, after a while you can use creams again. Creams do not penetrate through ointments, because ointments are oily. But you use only a very small amount of Infadolan so after a day, there are no issues with that.

Infadolan is perfectly safe to be used every day. Nevertheless Infadolan is a protective regenerative ointment, not a cream so it is greasy. For that

reason it is probably not so pleasant to use it as a daily cream all over the face. Many of our customers use it daily just around the eyes and they

are very content with the results. They also apply it on the back of the hands. It will stay there throughout the day. It prevents the skin from drying out. Very little will do.

Apply a little bit of Infadolan just after rolling. It will keep the skin moist, help preventing infection and supply the much-needed vit. A and D.  Continue for several days. You should not continue if you're very prone to acne. In that case, apply it just after rolling.

Basically, if you roll anywhere on your body, apply Infadolan after rolling and quite a few days afterwards.

If you roll your face, apply it after rolling and depending on your acne situation, continue or not.

You can start regular facial creams, preferebly containing vit. A.

joela:
Thank you for your quick reply.  More power!

kakalakingma:
Hi Sarah,

In regard to post on you’re A& D ointment Infadolan:

For those who are normal to oil/combination or just an oil slick, you do NOT recommend those users to continue after the rolling day.

>   But my question is: how will the oily/acne-prone skin type users continue to receive cell-communicating benefits of vitamin A and D if they only use it on the rolling day? Plus, for those who roll with 1.5-mm rollers to address their acne scars, I suppose the holes does not close up (completely) or heal right after the first day or, perhaps, even the second day.

>   What product should they substitute for the ointment?

>   Can lanolin clog pores?

Personally, I am an oil slick. Oil-base products are just not cosmetically elegant in term of texture and they make my face look worse. Granted, I know I should only apply this at night. But gosh, the oil from my face sticks to my pillow sheets and I have to wash them every week because I don’t want to wake up with clogged pores and breakouts from my oiled-up sheets. If I use the ointment regularly, I might have to wash them every day! I wish there is an alternative for oily skin types because the ointment is best and preferred for normal to dry to very dry skin types.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version