Forums > Dermarolling / Microneedling

Hypopigmentation on Chest Before and After Needling - amazing results

<< < (2/4) > >>

Crissie:
Hi Sarah,

Yes, these are scars, but isn't that the case with the other individual who had hypo pigmentation from an IPL?  Some of the scars are from have mole types of growth removed, really a light scrapping o the skin- it left white spots.  The other streak type of line are from the head of an IPL, the IPL was too strong, and actually burned my skin.  So, these are scars from burns.  Does derma rolling not work permanently on scars?  I thought there was some success with that? Had seen many posts on results with scars.   Do you recommend putting a specific product on the skin right after rolling, like the Bimatoprost product?  They say it is sold as an eyelash enhancer in a product called Latisse.  Do you have any idea of where I could find this product?  What about Supercop (copper), any comment on that?  Thanks Sarah!

For the group, in terms of the pigmentation transplant .. I did research on-line and found there was a doctor in India (I think that same doc that is referred to in Sarah's link) who was training a team in the US at Henry Ford Hospital in Detriot.  It was still considered to be an academic research program.  They treat Vitiligo and burn patients and have a 70% success rate.  Anyway, it is very expensive.  They take the very top layer of skin from about a one inch donor sight area (like your upper leg), dissect that into what they call the pigmentation cells.  They use a machine to do a strong abrasion on the site that will receive the transplant.  It leaves the skin raw - bleeding.  They apply the pigment cells, using a special dressing that seals it tight, and I had to go back 4 days later to have the dressing removed.  No showering or getting the site wet during that time.  I had this done to the scars / white spots on my chest, a scar on my face, and part of a breast augmentation scar under my breast.  They say it takes about 6-12 months for the pigmentation to return.  The breast aug scars looks good - it has more pigmentation now.  The chest and face - I don't see improvement.  Actually, on my chest, I think it is slightly worse from the abrasion process.  In has been a good 12 months.  I can't recommend the process since it did not work and it very expensive.

The only process I have found to date that has helped is one called Carboxy.  It is a method of injecting small amount of (I think CO 2 gas) under the skin, used for wrinkles, stretch marks and I tried it on my chest.  It did improve quite a bit.  It really helped the stretch marks on my lower back.  Very simple process, I had about 12 treatments.  Not expensive.

SarahVaughter:
Micorneedling works both for pigmentations (hypo or hyper) and scars.

However, it is easier to treat skin that is just hypopigmented than treating hypopigmented scars. Scars tissue often improves but never completely disappears (unless the scars are really shallow) whereas hypopigmented skin (for example Vitiligo) can go completely back to normal.

Bimatoprost is worth trying but I cannot guarantee its efficacy, neither have I received feedback from our customers yet.

You can either get a prescription from a doctor for a Bimatoprost product called Latisse-for eyelash enhancement (it is overpriced) or try to buy it on Internet without prescription. (for example Lumigan Drops).

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Stretch-Marks-Repigmentation-A-new-possibility

Crissie:
Sarah,

I received and tried the derma roller last night.  The .5 roller was minimal, it irritated my skin slightly but not much more than that.  However, I only rolled once in each direction.  The 1.5 derma stamp was flat out painful.  Even when I used very slight pressure on it, I got pin point bleeding.  I also had noticed that the 1.5 single roll derma roller was not as painful as the derma stamp.

My question is, with the derma stamp, is that more aggressive because you have to push or stamp it into the skin so hard?  Or is the the same as a 1.5 roller?

Thanks.

SarahVaughter:
You have to roll more than once in each direction. Roll at least 8 times in each direction.

The reason why a 1.5 mm ONE LINER dermaroller is less painful that a 1.5 mm dermastamp is because there are less needles in the skin in one go. A one liner roller has only 24 needles, whereas a dermastamp has 35 needles.

A regular 1.5 mm roller has 192 needles.

cds 323 made a comment on our website:
Hello, I am csd and my picture is the first one above with the white bar marks on my chest. As for your question about the length used, I think I started with 1.0 and used it all over my chest about 2 to 3 times per week intitially. If your scars are less "deep" you could use the .5 length, but at least 2 of my scars were so severe that I could literally feel that they were harder than the rest of my skin, if that makes sense... the white scars felt really dense, so I was aggressive in trying to break up that scar tissue. This site has a very good section on what length roller to use for different areas of the body. Each area and scar are different, but the administrator of this site tries to answer as many questions as possible, either in a response directly or by putting the information to answer your question on this site. Good luck and I hope you have great success!!
https://http://owndoc.com/stretchmarks/dermarolling-before-and-after-photos-from-our-customers/

MartinD:
Sarah, I seem to have developed hypopigmentation on the corner of my mouth after dermarolling. It is a white irregularly shaped patch of skin, no scarring, which doesn't tan very well/at all when i apply fake tan.

As I think this has been caused by dermarolling, is this something i can treat by dermarolling as you suggest? Looking online I suspect this may be classed as post-inflammatory hypopigmentation as found this from a journal article:

"Postinflammatory hypopigmentation is a common cause of acquired hypopigmentary
disorders. It can be a result of cutaneous inflammation, injury or dermatological
treatment. Most cases of postinflammatory
hypopigmentation improve spontaneously within weeks or months if the primary
cause is ceased"

The cutaneous inflammation/injury part made me think that my issue was caused by dermarolling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version