Forums > Dermarolling / Microneedling

Questions about your vit. A D ointment Infadolan

<< < (2/8) > >>

SarahVaughter:
I'm sorry - I totally overlooked your question!

The best is to pre-treat with vit. A. We now sell Tretinoin gel for pretreatment (also very suitable for acne-prone skin).

However, Tretinoin, AKA Retinoic Acid is acidic and is not suitable to be applied immediately after rolling - especially not on the face - because it will sting and irritate the skin.

Infadolan is a protective, regenerative ointment with a non-acidic form of vit. A and it is suitable for immediate application.    

You can replace it with something you know doesn’t cause you break outs but preferably it should be in a tube because creams in tubes cannot get so easily contaminated as creams in jars.

Hydrating creams are not very suitable for this. Hydrating creams saturate the skin surface with water which makes the skin look temporarily better but this very temporary hydration actually increases the evaporation of water from the skin! After several hours you end up with drier skin than you started with. Then you're forced to again apply hydrating cream and the vicious circle continues..

A good moisturizer locks water into the skin, it prevents its evaporation. It needs a certain amount of oil to keep the moisture in. It is very important to keep the skin moisturized after dermarolling. If you are prone to acne, apply a more "heavy" cream at least one or two days after rolling with long needles (longer than 0.5 mm).

If you pre-treat with Tretinoin, then apply Infadolan (or another heavy cream) immediately after, there is no problem to go for a few days without application of vit. A.  After 2-3 days you can restart with Tretinoin.

Chrystal:
Hi,

I would like to order some of your Infadolan.

I was wondering how long the shelf life is? Do the tubes have an expiry date?

Thanks

SarahVaughter:
Infadolan is so popular that we often replenish our stocks. The expiry date is stamped into the base of the tube. Current batches expire around 2014.

Zelda:
I have read that some people notice very quick improvement in lines around their eyes using this product but how can this be scientifically possible?

SarahVaughter:
If our customers say this (and we do get emails about this) then it may be true, because Lanolin has been found in scientific studies to be such an extremely effective skin moisturizer that they wanted to go to the bottom of it and find out how it could be that this simple, cheap natural product basically outperforms any other product.

My take on it is that Big Pharma, not being able to patent Lanolin, has tarnished its reputation, claiming "allergies" where none existed.

I dug into the scientific research of Lanolin, and Wikipedia has some very interesting info on it, including the "Lanonin allergy" myth and its falsified science. Instead of testing a random group of people for Lanolin allergy, they tested people with existing dermatological problems. And still only 1% had a Lanolin allergy! We found research that a pure Lanolin allergy in fact does not exist at all, and we already posted the link to the relevant scientific research.

So my full answer to your question can be read here (interesting read about Lanolin being an extremely effective moisturizer):

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Why-Infadolan-works-on-wrinkles&p=962

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version