Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Just a Dermastamp on Stretch Marks?  (Read 8085 times)

JeanValjean

• Forum member
Just a Dermastamp on Stretch Marks?
« on: January 22, 2013, 04:16:35 AM »
Hello! Thank you for this marvelous site! I recently purchased a dermastamp (I think 1.5, but I'm not sure) and I think it arrived Saturday. (I say I think, because I got a notice to pick up a package at the post office.) I also got the single needles.

I couldn't afford both a dermaroller and a stamp at the time, so I was wondering if just the stamp would do me any good? Or, should I wait until I can afford a roller as well before I begin?

I'm male, 35, and have an enormous number of stretch marks on my belly and my sides (which probably will be hard to get to with a stamp.) I figured I'd start on just my belly. Would using just the stamp be a waste of effort?

Thank you!

JeanValjean

• Forum member
Re: Just a Dermastamp on Stretch Marks?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 04:34:47 AM »
PS (sorry, I forgot to add): After dermastamping my belly, how soon after can I single needle the same stretch marks?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Just a Dermastamp on Stretch Marks?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 01:57:11 PM »
A combination of a dermaroller and a dermastamp (or the single needles) is best but you can go without a dermaroller too.

You can stamp and single needle the same stretchmarks during the same session but do not do all your stretch marks in one session if you have very many. Treat just a few whenever you have time but stamp and needle them thoroughly and densely.

However, each stretch mark should be treated only about once a month so every time you needle/stamp during a month, do it on different stretch marks.

Tretinoin cream (we sell it) is also worth trying. In the link below is a link to the studies about Tretinoin and stretch marks:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Stretch-Marks-individual-needling