Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Single needled 1 stretch mark 3 1/2 weeks ago. Mark still red. Normal?  (Read 8248 times)

Sellers35

• Forum member
I single needled one of my stretch marks pretty densely about 3 1/2 weeks ago. I got a fair amount of bruising and it was pretty raised and red for a while. Even though it's been almost a month the stretch mark is still a bit red. It does look less shiny though, and I am optimistic about the results. I am worried about doing the others, though because I want to make sure the redness eventually goes away.

Anyone else experienced a longer than average healing time like me? Keep in mind I haven't been doing the vit A and C nearly as much as I should, so hopefully when I bump those up I'll see a faster healing process. I should also add that these stretch marks took years and years to fade from red to silvery white, so it's worrisome to be back in the red zone for so long. I am planning on doing a needling session every 6 weeks.

Advice?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Single needled 1 stretch mark 3 1/2 weeks ago. Mark still red. Normal?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 06:38:45 AM »
Needling is a much more intensive treatment than dermarolling and thus the needled areas remain red longer. Even three weeks of redness is not exceptional. So there is nothing wrong. The regeneration is in process.

If the redness is caused by residual inflammation, applying an OTC topical non-steroidal anti- inflammatory such as Ibuprofen or Diclofenac gels will help. Try it. Do not buy an anti-inflammatory gel/cream containing steroids. Steroids cause stretch marks. It must be non-steroidal.
Or buy NUROFEN rapid capsules or NAPROXEN capsules and pierce them. They both contain a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory substance.

If the redness is caused by your skin producing more melanin pigment (the pigment is normally present in the skin), you should be patient and leave it. It will eventually diminish. White stretch marks lack melanin pigment, so pigment production is desirable in case of white scars.

Others also experienced long-lasting redness:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/hyperpigmentation-still-after-15-days/

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/hyperpigmentation-moisturizing-skin/
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 12:01:23 PM by SarahVaughter »

Sellers35

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 11:50:44 PM »
It has now been about 7 weeks since I rolled one of my marks and it is still slightly pink and more noticeable than the others. I am trying not to be discouraged but I am hesitant to roll the others til the redness goes away. I should be on my 2nd round by now, but it doesn't make sense to roll a mark that is still red.

I don't know if the redness is from inflammation or melanin production, and I don't know how to find out. What I do know is that my skin tends to produce a lot of melanin when i get scars (i.e. cystic acne scars on legs) and will fade at a snails pace. Also these marks (on my sides) took the longest out of all my marks to go from red to white, and are also my worst marks.

Any tips to avoid this in the future? I will try the anti-inflammatory gels. Maybe aspirin masks will help?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 04:59:09 PM »
If you are very prone to get hyperpigmentation, do not roll again until the redness is gone.

Try anti-inflammatory gels but do not apply them on the day of your microneedling session. Start about a week later.  Aspirin is also an anti-inflammatory.

legolas123

• Forum member
if the redness after dermaroller has not gone after one month (pink halo) can I still take sun?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Yes, you can.