Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: can dermarolling transplant mole cells elsewhere?  (Read 6036 times)

daler

• Forum member
can dermarolling transplant mole cells elsewhere?
« on: February 20, 2013, 01:01:55 PM »
I was wondering whether dermarolling could spread and transplant mole cells (benign or malignant)?

I don't have any malignant moles but I have several black birth marks and some other moles.. Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 03:20:22 PM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: can dermarolling transplant mole cells elsewhere?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 04:41:22 PM »
No, microneedling cannot spread mole cells. Moles and freckles are not contagious. They consist of dense accumulation of melanocytes, which are cells that are normally present everywhere in the skin and they produce skin pigment melanin.

Melanin is our natural UV filter. The darker the skin, the better it is protected from UV damage. Melanin is also present in the iris of the eyes. Blue eyes have a layer of melanin in the back layer of the iris. Brown eyes have a layer of melanin in the back and also in the front layer of the iris and they are better protected from the UV.

Albinism is the disorder of having no or almost no melanin.

Moles are hereditary and sometimes they are triggered by excessive sun exposure. You should of course never roll (or do anything else) over those moles that are malignant.

daler

• Forum member
Re: can dermarolling transplant mole cells elsewhere?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 07:02:30 PM »
Thank you for your reply Sarah, this makes me feel much better about my concern!