Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: It works, and gets easier with practice!  (Read 8625 times)

FINLEY

• Forum member
It works, and gets easier with practice!
« on: March 19, 2010, 03:21:06 PM »
I just finished my second dense needling of acne scars, and sparse needling of wrinkles, after waiting one week since my second rolling.  I can see a difference already- it is getting more difficult to find the borders of the decades-old acne scars I have carried.  What a nice thing!

Also, as I practice the technique, I definitely am getting a "feel" for how to do it, and how deep to go.  Thanks to you for your wonderfully comprehensive instructions, and products I feel I can trust!

I do have some very small broken blood vessels on my face, which I especially see after the dry brushing and Vitamin C applications.  Do you have any recommendations?  (I am using a very soft mushroom brush for my dry brushing, and feel I am being pretty conservative.)  Is Vitamin K oil or cream of any help?

Thanks again for your wonderful service.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
It works, and gets easier with practice!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 05:15:52 PM »
Thank you very much, I am really delighted that your scars are improving!

Broken vessels are permanently dilated small blood vessels just below the    skin surface.

You can try to make pricks over the whole length of one of your broken   capillaries with a single needle. It might cause the destruction of the dilated   capillary and it will be absorbed. Prick only one first and wait and see what happens before you do the others.

Certainly give vit. K creams a try. Use them long-term.

If that doesn't help you could consider vascular laser treatment or an old fashioned but    still effective electrocautery.

Avoid big temperature changes (sauna etc.) and if you feel that the brushing   (it temporarily brings blood to the surface) makes it worse, stop dry brushing.

To distinguish broken blood vessels (vascular problem) from nonvascular red   pigmentation spots, do a color change test. Apply pressure with your    finger or a small object to the area.   Since the pressure will prevent the    blood flow, the broken vessels will stay blood free and thus becomes pale for a   few seconds when you remove the pressure. Then the blood flows in again   and the area reddens again.